SazModel Code 55 #6 Turnouts

Would you like some ready to run turnouts? What kind?

Code 55 #6
38%
Code 55 #8
50%
No thank you
13%

Total votes : 16

Re: SazModel Code 55 #6 Turnouts

Postby CSD » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:27 am

So far so good. A picture from the manufacturer of the samples that are on the way.
P1010547[1].JPG
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby richardedmonds » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:39 pm

They look good Mark what are the tie centres?? they look a tad wide compared to my Viginian drawing though which range between 18-19-20 inches on the real thing main line, and a bit more in yards and sidings but i think you proved your point though because to my eyes they look real and not so toy like
richardedmonds

Postby CSD » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:40 pm

Just got my samples delivered. The ties are on 19" centre to centre.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby richardedmonds » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Lol Mark thats no good thats a half inch out in real size what will I do with that
richardedmonds

Postby CSD » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:56 am

richardedmonds wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Lol Mark thats no good thats a half inch out in real size what will I do with that

I'm still charging you for the two you reserved.

Kidding aside, you do raise a good point about accommodating a specific prototype. These will be offered with the afore mentioned spacing, however; if you wanted to really get into it, the laser cut ties can be removed with some exacto knife work. Then one could use some of Tom's (Clover House) very nice switch ties in combination with the track skeleton.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby richardedmonds » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:26 pm

CSD wrote:
richardedmonds wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Lol Mark thats no good thats a half inch out in real size what will I do with that

Kidding aside, you do raise a good point about accommodating a specific prototype. These will be offered with the afore mentioned spacing, however; if you wanted to really get into it, the laser cut ties can be removed with some exacto knife work. Then one could use some of Tom's (Clover House) very nice switch ties in combination with the track skeleton.

It was trying some of toms ties that put me on this daft idea of mine in the first place :wall:
richardedmonds

Postby richardedmonds » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:28 pm

CSD wrote:

It was trying some of toms ties that put me on this daft idea of mine in the first place :wall:

By the way is there a discount on that half inch :lol: :lol:
richardedmonds

Postby richardedmonds » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:30 pm

hell what happend there like a bus none for hours then two turn up at the same time
richardedmonds

Postby richardedmonds » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:40 pm

Bernd wrote:

Put your ruler away and don't use it. You'll never be able to see .004" (.105mm for you metric guys). :grin: :wink: :thumbup:

If you can see that with the bare eye, you're a better machinist than I am. :snooty: :think: :doh: :wink:

Bernd

Totally correct of course but where do we draw the line. however I glued some ties to some code 70 to compare and the difference between the correct wood ties and spacing and the Tillig plastic ties was very surprising. But as you say the differnce on a Virginian number 10 turnout drawing would not be noticeable at all, except probably to me knowing it was right. Who do I blame for all this fine scale stuff by the way TT tie plates are awfull small :think:
richardedmonds

Postby oldtrainguy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:22 am

If you have samples does that mean they might be coming soon?
Don
oldtrainguy

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models