AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Re: AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02 am

Here is a temporary loop of TT track running in our train room:
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1070.JPG
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
User avatar
CaTTwoman281
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:12 am
Location: Bowdon, Georgia, USA

Re: AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Postby TTerry177 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:39 pm

I like to run TT scale trains!
TTerry177
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:11 am

Re: AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Postby jmass » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:40 am

TT scales cool. S guage ain't bad either.
User avatar
jmass
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:39 pm

Re: AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:00 pm

IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3447
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:59 pm

The 10' x 14' 2" layout that I started for an S gauge layout is being re-purposed as a TT scale layout. It is going to be a folded dog-bone, instead of having the lift bridge, as I was having a hard enough time managing the bridge section and go underneath it as needed, but when my back acts up, lifting the bridge is not happening.

Photos to follow soon.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3447
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:23 pm

With the start of our permanent layout set to start soon, we need to decide on if we are going to stick with Tillig Advanced track or if we will switch to Kuehn.

Bear in mind that I do not give a care if the rail height is "in scale", I prefer everything to work correctly instead, well at least to the best possible.

Does anyone with a little more experience with either or both system have advice for us?
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3447
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Postby j p » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:06 pm

AstroGoat760 wrote:With the start of our permanent layout set to start soon, we need to decide on if we are going to stick with Tillig Advanced track or if we will switch to Kuehn.

Bear in mind that I do not give a care if the rail height is "in scale", I prefer everything to work correctly instead, well at least to the best possible.

Does anyone with a little more experience with either or both system have advice for us?


It depends. Are you in a hurry?
Kuehn's turnouts for model railroad are not available yet, but promised for end of 2017. The geometry is OK for Europe and acceptable also for NA. Direction of the ties under the frog is in German style, NA and many European countries used all ties perpendicular to the straight track.
Image
(Short turnouts for toy train or streetcars are available, but I'd recommend to wait if you prefer everything to work correctly)
Tillig's turnouts have no prototype, the geometry is wrong. I use them because there was no other option at the time of purchase.
Neither of them has the rail height "in scale".
j p
 
Posts: 1194
Images: 69
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm

Re: AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Postby Bill Dixon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:07 pm

j p wrote:It depends. Are you in a hurry?
Kuehn's turnouts for model railroad are not available yet, but promised for end of 2017. The geometry is OK for Europe and acceptable also for NA. Direction of the ties under the frog is in German style, NA and many European countries used all ties perpendicular to the straight track.
Image

\what is the number of that turnout? a #4 or #5 or #6?
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon
 
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:57 pm
Location: North Vancouver, B.C.

Re: AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:41 am

j p wrote:
AstroGoat760 wrote:With the start of our permanent layout set to start soon, we need to decide on if we are going to stick with Tillig Advanced track or if we will switch to Kuehn.

Bear in mind that I do not give a care if the rail height is "in scale", I prefer everything to work correctly instead, well at least to the best possible.

Does anyone with a little more experience with either or both system have advice for us?


It depends. Are you in a hurry?
Kuehn's turnouts for model railroad are not available yet, but promised for end of 2017. The geometry is OK for Europe and acceptable also for NA. Direction of the ties under the frog is in German style, NA and many European countries used all ties perpendicular to the straight track.
Image
(Short turnouts for toy train or streetcars are available, but I'd recommend to wait if you prefer everything to work correctly)
Tillig's turnouts have no prototype, the geometry is wrong. I use them because there was no other option at the time of purchase.
Neither of them has the rail height "in scale".

We are in no hurry, except for the fact that the layout table has been built already, we intended to use it for S scale, but I found that we cannot do the layout I want in 10' x 14' for S scale, and we have a large open bay in my finished barn that can accommodate my wishes for S Scale.

We have discussed simply building a "station" type outbuilding, and to make it large enough to hold our TT scale trains, which will be 2018-2019 at the soonest, so I can wait and content myself with our portable TT layouts instead.
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
User avatar
CaTTwoman281
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:12 am
Location: Bowdon, Georgia, USA

Re: AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Postby j p » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:07 am

Bill Dixon wrote:\what is the number of that turnout? a #4 or #5 or #6?


It is #6.
When accepting shortening of track length by 1/3, it can be used as #9.
j p
 
Posts: 1194
Images: 69
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron