AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Re: AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:18 am

More updates, today we just put down the down payment on a new house in Minnesota. It is not a huge house, but there is enough space for my TT scale trains. We will be adding a new outbuilding for the TT scale trains in the near-term.

We will try our best to complete the 2019 TT Scale Resolutions as best we can this year.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:01 am

Question: which would be a better idea: making a fake caboose shaped building to keep the TT Scale trains in, or a station building instead? I am kinda stuck on that point right now.
AstroGoat760

Postby RodTT » Thu May 02, 2019 5:34 pm

If it were me doing it I'd go for a caboose.
RodTT

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:13 pm

Well, we now have an additional bit of space to set up a layout (or two or three...). We now have the neighboring house, which doubles the acreage for the farm from 5.3 to about 10.5 acres. The second house does need some work, primarily with plumbing and some floor work in the kitchen, but the rest is sound enough for model trains.

We will still possibly work on a "train shed", but it looks more like the second house, dressed up as a station, would be a better bet for the layouts, as less work in needed to make it work.

So, that is our new project as it were. The main (living) room, will be for TT Scale, and it remains to be seen what the other rooms will be used for.
AstroGoat760

Previous

Return to Layouts / Track Plans