AstroGoat and CaTT's Model Train Room

Re: Sailor and CaTT's Permanent Layout

Postby richardedmonds » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:59 am

ctxmf74 wrote:"if you was in London that would be carved up into fifty appartments and your train room would be your total living space and sold for a cool quarter of a million quid "

over here land is relatively cheap so the major cost of a large space often becomes heating and cooling it. I live in a mild climate but my workshop/train room is still too hot or too cold to work out there about 25% of the year so I have a small N scale secondary layout in the house ....DaveB

Yeah I know Dave I am just jealous because i would love a place that size to build a big big layout, as well as somewhere to hide from the wife.
richardedmonds

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:12 am

richardedmonds wrote:
ctxmf74 wrote:"if you was in London that would be carved up into fifty appartments and your train room would be your total living space and sold for a cool quarter of a million quid "

over here land is relatively cheap so the major cost of a large space often becomes heating and cooling it. I live in a mild climate but my workshop/train room is still too hot or too cold to work out there about 25% of the year so I have a small N scale secondary layout in the house ....DaveB

Yeah I know Dave I am just jealous because i would love a place that size to build a big big layout, as well as somewhere to hide from the wife.

What makes you think that he can hide from me in there?

Besides that, it is my layout as well.
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Postby Arseny » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:33 am

richardedmonds wrote:i would love a place that size to build a big big layout, as well as somewhere to hide from the wife.

Inside the TT-scale layout? :think:
Ok, try to model this scene:

4a3fc0394f84110a5b05aed6b72.jpg

(It is giant human head from Russian epic fairy tale "Ruslan and Ludmila", a poem by Alexander Pushkin)

:lol:
Arseny

Postby richardedmonds » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:18 am

CaTTwoman281 wrote:
richardedmonds wrote:

What makes you think that he can hide from me in there?

Besides that, it is my layout as well.

No not you Catt I was refering to hiding from my wife, unlike you she has no interest in trains at all and sees my interest in trains as something quite weird.
Therby the thought of a train room for me is a non-starter thats why i'm jealous
richardedmonds

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:16 am

Or is it that you are jealous that I am into trains, and your wife is not...? :lol:
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Postby richardedmonds » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:04 pm

CaTTwoman281 wrote:Or is it that you are jealous that I am into trains, and your wife is not...? :lol:

LOL well there is that I suppose :wave:
richardedmonds

Postby Juup » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:04 am

Great space!! Nice that your dedicated space is on 'ground level' too, right? Being in the UK my efforts are constrained to the loft. Not London, though, because then I'd be building a shelf layout :!:

Trying to get my wife interested in making buildings. Also, she loves the little Preiser and Noch people figures. Helps to have a child/children. I often use my son as an 'excuse' for my interest. He will learn about geometry, electronics, mechanics, geography, etc ... plus it will help keep him away from the telly and computer.

Juup
Juup

Postby richardedmonds » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:28 am

Juup wrote:Great space!! Nice that your dedicated space is on 'ground level' too, right? Being in the UK my efforts are constrained to the loft. Not London, though, because then I'd be building a shelf layout :!:

Trying to get my wife interested in making buildings. Also, she loves the little Preiser and Noch people figures. Helps to have a child/children. I often use my son as an 'excuse' for my interest. He will learn about geometry, electronics, mechanics, geography, etc ... plus it will help keep him away from the telly and computer.

Juup

Exactly Juup great to hear that from you, my interest in TT spans over fifty years now and all because of so many happy memories of dear old Dad making various things from card and balsa wood because he could'nt afford the Tri-ang one. Needless to say though we didn't have a TV either in those days. However the point is all about doing things with mutual interest and sharing, I am sure that doing this kind of stuff with my Dad kept me out of trouble in later life as I had learned values but not just told them.
richardedmonds

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:30 pm

Starting to fill the room with trains...
Close up of the picture, a limited edition print from the Danbury Railroad Museum of a romanticized image of their 2-6-0, Boston and Maine #1455:
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:55 pm

That's a LOT of space for trains :)
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans