Sad News...

Sad News...

Postby areibel » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:54 pm

It was just posted on TT_IMS that Larry Sayre passed away. For anyone that's into "Classic" TT, he was one of the few that helped keep TT from becoming a total dinosaur. He purchased several of the original TT manufacturers and sold a lot of HP, Gandy Dancer, Kemtron TT, etc under his own Larrco Models label. He was still actively building models, I just spoke with him last weekend about some Shapeways stuff, he was really interested! He was one of my best friends that I never met, just spoke on the phone and exchanged emails. He was a wealth of info on who produced what, who sold which company to whom and who might have that odd part I needed- He will be sorely missed!
areibel

Re: Sad News...

Postby jmass » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Sad indeed. did not know much about Larry but heard his name mentioned often as a go to guy for tt scale information.
jmass

Postby scaro » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:44 pm

that's very sad. i bought a bit of stuff from larry and had a number of phone conversations where he told me a lot about the history of the scale. he will be missed.

my condolences to his family.

ben
scaro

Postby railtwister » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:58 pm

I'm very sorry to hear of Larry's passing, TT scale has just lost a valuable resource. I was lucky enough to have visited Larry's house and layout on a tour while at an NMRA National Convention a few years ago, and I got to see up close and in person all of the TT scale products I had only seen in magazine ads as a kid. He will be missed.

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby WillYart » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Condolences to you all on the loss of a good TT friend.
WillYart

Postby TTTerrific » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:53 am

Over the years I purchased a lot of good TT stuff from Larry. I also had any number of long conversations with Larry about TT and other things. He had a wealth of knowledge that was both broad and deep. Larry lived a very long and productive life. He worked hard to keep this scale alive in the US and Canada.
TTTerrific

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Big loss for us all. I am very sorry to have never met him. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Sent using Tapatalk
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Rob M » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:42 am

Very sad indeed. My condolences to his family.

Funny thing though, I can't help but think that him and John Fisher are bending each other's ears with tales of TT.
Rob M

Return to General Discussion