Russian railway scene

Re: Russian railway scene

Postby Christtking » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:38 pm

Very nice diorama! I was wondering if you are into adding extra details to your models? I collect mostly German railways replicas all eras and I've added some brake pads on my TILLIG BAHN class 52 steam loco (tender area). Modified assembly from HO spare parts manufactured by the company PRECISION SCALE CO., INC Article number 31111 (gray plastic-newer batch/ older batch moulded in black) or Article 31110 (brass= more work), description brake hanger with shoe, 12/pack (with little modification of the bogies/trucks frame) and steps (back of the tender, with little modification of the inside area of the snow plow?/ cow catcher?, so it won't interfere with the new added steps and the coupler mechanism would be allowed to function properly ). Steps were self made from styrene strip by Evergreen or Plustruct and the flat beam holder from flat brass wire. Also added some steps in the front of the loco under the buffer beam external areas, both sides. And hand painted after installation with proper color paint. More extra details coming up!
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:43 pm

I looked again at your photo of the steam loco and it looks like you've added steps on the front. Nice!
Christtking

Postby jpachl » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:33 pm

I just finished another photo scene with some of my Russian rolling stock. This time, the background picture was added on a computer.

Joern

ImageRussian industrial scene 1 by Jörn Pachl, on Flickr
jpachl

Postby j p » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:39 pm

It looks good, but it would look even better if you zoomed out the added background - if the background picture is large enough for that.
It gives an impression of mismatch of the proportions. As it is, the train would proportionally fit somewhere behind the closest elevated pipe from the background.
j p

Postby jpachl » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:36 am

The background picture was taken out of the window of a train passing that scene while travelling through an industrial network. In reality, there are some tracks in the foreground at quite a distance from the buildings in the background. In the open space between, there are just some posts to support overhead pipelines and conveyors. So, it more or less looks like the real situation. I just replaced the tracks in the foreground by the modelled scene. However, for my next project, I will try to blend the models between different photo layers. I will depend a little on what new models I will get on the modell-hobby-spiel fair in October. Hope to get some of the new Russian tankcars made by Hädl, which have NEM coupler fittings and SA-3 couplers.

Joern
jpachl

Postby LVG1 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:32 am

j p wrote:It looks good, but it would look even better if you zoomed out the added background - if the background picture is large enough for that.

By my personal taste, it doesn't look mismatched.
Dimensions and so on perfectly fit what I have often seen in industrial areas.

So: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby jpachl » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:25 am

A free weekend provided the opportunity to make another photo scene, this time with a steam engine. The TO, I already made in the 1980s by modifying a BTTB series 56. While the detailing cannot compete with today's locomotive models, it still looks acceptable.

Joern

ImageRussian industrial scene 2 by Jörn Pachl, on Flickr
jpachl

Postby Christtking » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:55 am

To jpachl! Looks real to me! :thumbup:
Christtking

Postby LVG1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:31 pm

By the way:

@ jpachl:
Recently, I got a book about railroad crossings. It mentions a Professor Doctor of Engineering Jörn Pachl of the University of Technology in Braunschweig. Is it by chance you? :?:
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby jpachl » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:01 pm

@LVG1
Yes, that's me. I supplied the author of that book with some pictures from my lectures on level crossings.

Joern
jpachl

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans