Running Rokal

Running Rokal

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm

I have started to dig through my bins of TT scale stuff in preparation for the November 2017 Charleston Area Train Show, and I found my Rokal equipment (an intact 0-6-0, a partial 4-6-2, a tanker car, and a flatcar with one coupler.)

At this time, all I have setup for track is a loop of Tillig Bedding Track, and I found that the Rokal flanges are too deep for the bedding track.

I have no interest in modifying the Rokal equipment, but I want to run it from time to time. Should I also build a layout of BTTB track to accommodate the Rokal equipment or what should I do?
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: Running Rokal

Postby j p » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:35 pm

AstroGoat760 wrote:I have started to dig through my bins of TT scale stuff in preparation for the November 2017 Charleston Area Train Show, and I found my Rokal equipment (an intact 0-6-0, a partial 4-6-2, a tanker car, and a flatcar with one coupler.)

At this time, all I have setup for track is a loop of Tillig Bedding Track, and I found that the Rokal flanges are too deep for the bedding track.

I have no interest in modifying the Rokal equipment, but I want to run it from time to time. Should I also build a layout of BTTB track to accommodate the Rokal equipment or what should I do?

Rokal equipment with original wheels would run only on Rokal track. It could run on BTTB track, except for the turnouts. It can also run on HP Products track except for the turnouts. the flanges are not only too deep, but also too thick.
Muellerradsatz makes replacement wheelsets for Rokal cars. http://www.muellerradsatz.de/epages/es124766.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es124766_radsatz/Products/Rokal/SubProducts/94
j p

Re: Running Rokal

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Thanks for the information. I d not want to have to modify the loco if I do not have to, so I guess that I will build a layout using BTTB track later on, and have a loop with no turnouts specifically for my sole intact Rokal locomotive.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Return to General Discussion