RTR From MTB - Ready to Run SW1200

Would you buy this model?

I would buy one.
30%
I would buy more than one.
59%
I would buy less than one.
No votes
I would buy a North American locomotive, but not this one.
2%
Just take all my money.
No votes
I'll have to ask my wife.
5%
Not interested.
4%

Total votes : 56

Re: RTR From MTB - Ready to Run SW1200

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Fabulous. I'll take the easy route and order online as well. Here's the link for others www.whiteriverproductions.com
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:55 am

ConducTTor wrote:Fabulous. I'll take the easy route and order online as well. Here's the link for others http://www.whiteriverproductions.com

Thanks for the link. We will be placing our order for that issue shortly.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Bill Dixon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:58 am

Is there a place where all the delivered MTB SW1200 paint schemes are listed for posterity?
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Bill Dixon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:17 am

My CNR 7027 whines every now and then.
So today having set up a small TT-Tracks layout, (See different topic) I tried out a few suggestions.

One thought is that flash from the where the shell was hollowed out may be touching the fly wheel.
I cleaned all that area up with a sharp chisel blade knife. Also blackened the fly wheel and looked for black marks after running it a while.

Then I noticed that the front of the shell was high and not locked down properly.
Possible causes:
1) Flash from the smoke stacks sticking down and pushing on the decoder.
Yes - cleaned them up with a chisel blade knife.
2) The above smoke stack mounting knubs are pushing down on the decoder.
Not sure - it looked like they might be touching the heat shrink covering on the SoundTraxx decoder I was using. So out with a sharp knife and carefully remove the heat shrink. Better.
3) The front headlight LED it too thick.
Maybe. I filed down the thickness of the LED and tried to widen the slot for it in the shell.
After that I was able to get the shell to lock down properly so we will see if this fixes the problem.
If the LED is too thick, no way to really know unless MTB casts a clear plastic shell so you can see what is going on inside it, then the LED can be filed down more or replaced with a small surface mount LED.

Actually since I have a spare partial shell from the undecorated model perhaps if i drill a hole through the front grill I can see what is happening with the shell on. Something to contemplate - if I can find the shell. that's the problem with cleaning the house for Christmas guests.

Oh well.

I still love the model and want the other two CNR units, and SOO Line to go with my CP Rail, and another undec for another CP Rail, and if I could get the right kind of box car made, another undec for a BC Hydro unit.
Too many desires and not enough $$.

I wonder if MTB has contacted ESU about a custom decoder for the model that would replace the current circuit board?
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Arseny » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:05 am

I decided to mount handrails on my SW1200 (SOO Line) and discovered that there are no any holes on the right side of the frame to mount the handrails. There are some holes for the front and rear hadrails, there are some holes at the front of the right side, but there are no holes on the left side.

Also there are no holes for the handrails near the cabin on the both sides. But I found such handrails on the real locomotive.
(see 1 and 2)

soo325am.jpg

Is it a manufacturing defect? Am I to drill the holes by myself, or better attach them just by glue?..
Arseny

Postby milwrd1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:28 pm

[quote="Arseny"]I decided to mount handrails on my SW1200 (SOO Line) and discovered that there are no any holes on the right side of the frame to mount the handrails. There are some holes for the front and rear hadrails, there are some holes at the front of the right side, but there are no holes on the left side.

The Milwaukee Road units are like the SOO units with a long handrail on each side. I'm adding these handrails on an undecorated SW1200, using Precision Scale part # 4895.1 for the handrail posts and .015 brass wire. This is not a defect in the model, the handrails posts and the handrails need to be added by the modeler. These handrails could be glued without adding the posts.

The undecorated units have holes on the right front side (should be 6 holes), these are for 3 drop style grab irons. MTB was nice enough to drill the holes, I formed the grab irons out of .015 brass wire. These grab irons are only on the right side.

There may be some additional drilling required to mount the end handrails where they attach to the cab.
milwrd1

Postby CSD » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:16 pm

Arseny, please send an email about the problem to the store.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ctxmf74 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:39 am

was just reading the Saz model switcher review link on Zueke website it said that Tillig track is available in the US from someone called Roman and Company, then it gave a link to the roco website. Anyone familiar with Roman and Co.? ..DaveB
ctxmf74

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:39 am

^^^ That's wrong. Tillig track is available from Euro Train Hobby. You can use the green link under the Sazmodel banner on this site.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:17 am

I suppose Roman is person who works in/owns EuroTrainHobby ?
If I am not mistaken, Svetlana Kukoba from TT-model company told me about Roman who sell their production in USA
Arseny

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models