RS Laser Kit - Greg's Saloon & Repair Shop

Re: RS Laser Kit - Greg's Saloon & Repair Shop

Postby Bernd » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Time to do some roofing.

Another thing I would do different is draw the lines for the roofing paper before gluing the roof to the structure. It went OK but was difficult to keep the lines square with the side of the roof. The paper equals to about a 3 foot wide roll so I drew lines every .260" for overlap.

Once all the roofing has been glued on and it's dried I use a sharp Xacto knife to cut off the excess paper.

Next a bit of a clean up and some paint touch up along with a bit of weathering and I'm calling it done. Might add a smoke stack too.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:56 pm

:thumbup:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:08 pm

The roofing looks good, although I would use a Xuron track clipper to straighten out some of the overhang and I would definitely add a chimney, otherwise that would be one cold Saloon come winter.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Bernd » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:16 pm

What ever you use to cut the roofing, as long as it's glued down solid, will work.

Chimney/smoke stack is a definite. No saloon. It's going to be a maintenance shed for the railroad. That's why I didn't add the saloon/swing doors. I thought it would make a neat little railroad tool shed or maintenance shed. The kit can be repurposed for many different uses.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby Bernd » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:16 pm

ConducTTor wrote::thumbup:

Thanks Alex.
Bernd

Postby rslaserkits » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:42 am

coming out great Bernd especially if it is your first kit.
rich
www.rslaserkits.com
rslaserkits

Postby Bernd » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:09 am

rslaserkits wrote:coming out great Bernd especially if it is your first kit.
rich
http://www.rslaserkits.com

Hi Rich,

Thank you very much for the kind comment, much appreciated.

This is my second laser build kit. It's the first TT scale laser kit though. I found it went together very easy. Parts fit was very good. Although I should have went through the building steps different. One constructive criticism is that the instructions were a bit sparse if you are a beginner at assembling laser kits. I'm not that familiar with constructing buildings. There are certain steps one must follow to get good results. As an example on this project is first painting of both inside and outside walls. I didn't paint the inside walls until after I assembled the kit. Also painting the window frames, I didn't make sure all areas that can be seen were painted. So I'm still in the learning curve.

I'm looking forward to purchasing another one of the kit's and perhaps writing a step by step procedure. I'm also hoping that you produce some more TT scale kits such as an engine fueling facility with coal tower, sand house, water tank and perhaps even an engine house. The old Campbell wood kits come to mind here. Just some suggestions on my part. Oh, for the "D-cell" (diesel) guys perhaps a fueling facility for them.
Bernd

Postby rslaserkits » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Hi Bernd
Yea, should take time one of these days and rewrite some of the early directions. Think that was like my 3rd kit and up to almost 80 now and still learning how to write them. It makes it hard when I HATE writing :)
More TT will follow
rich
rslaserkits

Postby Bernd » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:12 pm

rslaserkits wrote:Hi Bernd
Yea, should take time one of these days and rewrite some of the early directions. Think that was like my 3rd kit and up to almost 80 now and still learning how to write them. It makes it hard when I HATE writing :)
More TT will follow
rich

Hey Rich,

Wow, 80 kits. Good to here more kits are coming.

Ya, I know it's tough to do instructions and explain all the details. I usually have to go through a couple rewrites when I do a step by step like that laser kit. I believe it makes it much harder when you don't like writing.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby Bernd » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:24 pm

My second RS Laser Kit arrived today. Going to take some time to build this one and write up a step by step build up.

Bernd
Bernd

Previous

Return to Builders' Corner