RS-3 Pictures

RS-3 Pictures

Postby areibel » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:39 am

Check out these amazing pics of the RS-3's built by Christian Kuehr and Ingo Schwaetzer in Germany!
The craftsmanship and detail is just incredible.

areibel

Re: RS-3 Pictures

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:28 am

:shock:

Seriously awesome.....

Does he paint them as well or did you do that?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:50 am

Me? Paint?
No, they did everything you see. I WISH I could do that well!

Al
air brush phobic
areibel

Postby Arseny » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:52 am

Wow, it's great!
I woud like to have such locomotive...
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Is the shell resin or etch? What's the chassis / drive train? Any idea? I know this model came up before but I don't remember the details.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby richardedmonds » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Al I am so glad that you sent out those pictures, mainly for the fact that I am lucky enough to have a kit of that RS3 in my grubby hand right now. I had wanted to rave about it but declined to do so in case I compromised anyone in the process. The kit is resin cast with etched nickel silver details and lost wax brass castings and is superb or excellent or whatever great words you would like to use. I love early generation diesels and this one really rocks the boat. Unfortuately I am not empowered to mention the cost at this time, but this is one of the best, no definitely the best in American TT at present. Yet again the German lads came up trumps, well done to them all.
richardedmonds

Postby richardedmonds » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:30 pm

These models are becoming so realistic now that the trackwork is going to be a problem I fear. Those RS3 picures are superb in model detail but doesn't the track look massive. This in the past has never been a problem to me but now I am thinking more like scaro and marquette and seeing the need for more accurate scale items. However the main thing is that American TT is still moving in the right direction. Massive thanks to all who are contributing their skills to this meteoric rise in the scale, from the humblest trucks to the SD45 all is very very good just now and all your efforts are very greatly appreciated
richardedmonds

Postby Arseny » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:32 pm

richardedmonds wrote:Al I am so glad that you sent out those pictures, mainly for the fact that I am lucky enough to have a kit of that RS3 in my grubby hand right now. I had wanted to rave about it but declined to do so in case I compromised anyone in the process. The kit is resin cast with etched nickel silver details and lost wax brass castings and is superb or excellent or whatever great words you would like to use. I love early generation diesels and this one really rocks the boat. Unfortuately I am not empowered to mention the cost at this time, but this is one of the best, no definitely the best in American TT at present. Yet again the German lads came up trumps, well done to them all.

Do they sell this kit? If yes, can you tell us the price?..
Arseny

Postby richardedmonds » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Do they sell this kit? If yes, can you tell us the price?..[/quote]

Arseny I do not know the status of this kit. I have no information if it will be made for general sale or not, because of this I am sorry but I am not at liberty to discuss the cost in case I misrepresent any decided price.

That said I hope it can be made available to others as I would buy another one with no hesitation,both now and in the past I have always been a massive fan of the German groups work regardless of cost and I think I was offered a partial kit because of this. This has been a considerable time in the making but well worth the wait.
richardedmonds

Postby Marquette » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:45 pm

I've known about the development of this model for quite a long while now, though I also don't know if it will be made generally available; I was told, though, that the price will be in the usual range for German short-run models.

Based on how much was asked for their FA I'd guess between €300-€500.

Gorgeous indeed. But even if it were in my means I'd not buy one at such prices unless it was delivered completely RTR painted and lettered to my specifications.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Next

Return to Prototypes / Models