Romania - Caile Ferate Romane

These are prototypes which either exist as TT scale models or can be modeled from existing models.

Re: Romania - Caile Ferate Romane

Postby BogdanRa » Wed May 25, 2016 6:38 am

Hello
I am the starter of RoTT project and I collect to go into international expositions some CFR loks and cars:
Here is a DA, an LDH (both made by Nicky Stama) and a Te4 car system made by Szeles Joszef
BogdanRa

Postby modorney » Wed May 25, 2016 10:10 am

That's nice

I like how the first class passengers get a little more room than the second. :)
modorney

Postby CFRiad » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:06 am

I meant to update this post for a few month now, but I didn't get around to it. Life, I guess... Anyways, so it goes...

A big (huge?) evolution for TT scale modelling of Romanian railways: our friends at MTB released a model of the 060 diesel-electric loco of the Romanian railways. It has the original body and the late 2000's livery of CFR Călători, the government-owned passenger railway operator.

Some of these locos were rebuilt with Caterpillar engines, variable frequency drives, asynchronous 3-phase motors, 1500 V AC head-end power generators and air-conditioned cabs. The originals had Sultzer V12 engines, variable voltage drives, DC series motors and no head-end power.

CFRiad wrote:060/061 series (formerly DA/DA1 series) 6-axle diesel electrical locomotives (axle formula Co'-Co') had a maximum power of 2,100 HP. The first six units were built in Switzerland by joint venture between Brown-Boveri and SLM Wintherthur. The following ~1400 units were built in Romania for CFR, with another 1000 units for export to Bulgaria, China and Poland. The 60/61 series are identical except the maximum allowable speed: 100 and 120 km/h respectively. They were/are used in passenger and freight service on all non-electrified main lines. They lacked train heating and needed a steam generating car to heat passenger trains.

cfr-60-0001b.jpg
Unit 060-DA-0001 built in 1959 in Switzerland

cfr-60-proto.jpg
Later unit in 2000's livery for CFR Călători

cfr-60-modelMTB.jpg
TT model by MTB
CFRiad

Previous

Return to Prototypes by Country