Romania - Caile Ferate Romane

These are prototypes which either exist as TT scale models or can be modeled from existing models.

Re: Romania - Caile Ferate Romane

Postby j p » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:33 pm

The matching of the freight cars did not go well...
I'll add my suggestions for better match if/when I find them.

Eacs: that is a completely different car. It would be easier to built a new car from the scratch than to modify the model from Tillig. (wrong number of panels, wrong doors...)
But Tillig makes another car with correct number of panels. This is 15230, but any similar would work as a source for modification.

Ggs: that is also a completely different car. No match.
I am sure that something more similar to the CFR car exists.
Here is my suggestion: Schirmer 20321

Gags:
How about this? Could it be a match? The sides would need some modification, of course.
Edit: the version with 2 doors would be better:

Ucs: the model from Tillig is no match
Maybe the new model from Piko would be better?
j p

Postby j p » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:59 pm

Zaes tank car has been announced by Czech company Igramodel for 2015. Maybe it can be used for CFR too?

zaes_igra.jpg
j p

Postby j p » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:29 pm

I have found this picture on ebay.
I am not sure if Tillig made this CFR version of the double deckers or if it was repainted.

cfr_doubledecker.JPG
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j p

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:41 am

This is repainted.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby j p » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Tillig's CFR 1st class passenger car
CFR1_1.jpg

CFR1_2.jpg
j p

Postby Christtking » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:52 pm

The double decker repaint is a former BTTB model. Tillig never released their newly revised version as a CFR version yet.
Christtking

Postby j p » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:12 pm

Christtking wrote:And by the way I take offense to these kind of mistakes. It is CFR, not CRF.

You have never made any typo? I know that it is CFR, I have written it correctly 100 times.
Please pm next time you find my typo and I correct it. No need for any offense.
j p

Postby LemingAnadyrski » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:11 pm

CFRiad wrote:Part four of the CFR series about periods IV and V (1970 - 2000): short-haul and suburban/commuter cars for domestic service only (not RIC compliant)

Series 11-47/21-47 These suburban cars were built in the 70’s. All first class and most (~850) second class units were built in Romania. About 180 second class units were imported from Poland. They are 24.5 metres long, otherwise they look a bit like the German Silberlings. The cars have radiant heating using steam and single voltage (1500 V AC) electric heat sources. The Romanian-made cars have a ribbed roof and exposed access stairs. The units made in Poland have smooth roofs and the car body projects downwards to encase the access stairs.

It's a car very similar to type 120A. Both of them were produced by PaFaWag in Wrocław in seventies (120A until mid-eighties). We had a lot of those in Poland, mostly used in regional trafic, and some of them are still in use today. Two easily noticeable differences are triangular protrusions near doors - Polish version doesn't have them - and windows with tilting upper part - Polish 120A has upper part shifting down past the lower part (so three decades ago, when many trains were *really* crowded, fit and slim people were able to get inside through the windows to get a sitting place - and it's not a joke). Those two features of the Romanian version were inherited from earlier Polish car - 43A (colloquialy known as "ryflak" - the ribbed one). According to InfoRail website another important difference were bogies - licensed Minden-Deutz instead of Polish 4ANc.

Here for comparison a picture of the Romanian one.

A TT model of 120A is produced by Maciej Turkowski - Matu Model. Image
The price stated at the website is 55 EUR for a kit (assuming 1 EUR = 4,20 PLN; ready to run Polish cars are from 83 to 107 EUR). The question is wheather Minden-Deutz bogies of the variety used in Romanian version of this car are avaliable in TT (+different windows, triangular protrusions and most probably modifications of the interior of the car).
[Edit: I have uploaded the image of the model as an attachment, because otherwise some advertisement was displayed instead of an image - probably server checks HTTP Referer header as a defence against hotlinking]

As for the Gags model manufactured by Karsei, the original cars were made by UV Arad in Romania (dr-wagen database says: year 1964/65) and imported to East Germany. So as far as the export version for DDR was identical to the domestic one then all you have to do is to print decals. :-)

CFRiad wrote:Part 7 of the CFR periods 4-5 (1970 - 2000)
Zas - four-axle tanker car with, if I remember correctly, double insulated walls. And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, drum roll please: an actual TT model made by Tillig (art. #15468). Cue in the fireworks and the uplifting orchestral music.
232 231.

Well, Tillig's mold shows a German car after some modernisation (made probably in the period of DB AG). AFAIK original version made in 70s had only two ribs (the first and the last one - fortunately those are the ones that seem to match the Romanian car). Does length of the model matches the original?
Attachments
matu_model_204_TT_120A_002.jpg
Matu Model - http://matu.c0.pl/
LemingAnadyrski

Postby CFRiad » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:51 am

LemingAnadyrski wrote:so three decades ago, when many trains were *really* crowded, fit and slim people were able to get inside through the windows to get a sitting place - and it's not a joke.

I know it is not a joke. It happened often on the CFR network too. Probably the reason for designing the narrow folding windows was exactly this one.
CFRiad

Postby CFRiad » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:00 am

LemingAnadyrski wrote:It's a car very similar to type 120A.
A TT model of 120A is produced by Maciej Turkowski - Matu Model.
The question is wheather Minden-Deutz bogies of the variety used in Romanian version of this car are avaliable in TT (+different windows, triangular protrusions and most probably modifications of the interior of the car).

Thanks for this very useful information. Even though kitbashing is not easy, we are a step closer than before.

I am not aware of any CFR-type Minden-Deutz bogie available in TT. All TT models of CFR cars I saw had the later Goerlitz VI bogies. We might have to held our noses and just use them. I will have to look at the Kuehn and Tillig catalogues to see if any of their period 3-4 DR cars have Minden-Deutz bogies or similar.
CFRiad

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes by Country