Rocos BR 38 – a nice copy of Fleischmanns H0-model.

Rocos BR 38 – a nice copy of Fleischmanns H0-model.

Postby SpurM » Wed May 16, 2012 7:34 am

Hi :shifty: ,

Though a lot of TT-Drivers think Rocos has made this locomotive as the first only-for-TT-construction, in fact it is not. Only a few people know that Fleischmann has all their locomotives and wagons repainted as CAD-Drawings, even the very old ones. It is said, the former owner, Horst Fleischmann, wanted it that way. So it was easy for Roco choosing one of the most beautiful locomotives in 1:87 FLM 4160 and transpose it to 1:120 – including the annoying mistake of not preparing it for a steam generator. You can’t have it all. But now it becomes clear why there are rumours about Rocos 194 ‘crocodile’: It’s easy transposing Fleischmanns beautiful N-locomotive up or Rocos famous H0-locomotive down.

TT Roco BR 38 von hinten.jpg
Roco BR 38 back.

The result is excellent, Rocos BR 38 looks wonderful and …preeciooousss. I read about some guys having problems with their DR-model, but my Bundesbahn-38 runs on my Kühn-Tracks very smooth, fortunately. Really, everything is fine. I rarely say that. :silent: Even the sound is FAT, I reduced the volume from 255 to ‘15’, and still you have the feeling watching a big steam-locomotive.

Roco BR 38 vor Schuppen.jpg
Roco BR 38 with shed.
So, is it possible to ‘love’ a model? For me it is, in this case. I hope they’ll produce it in the Bundesbahn-70s-lettering too.
And what about the BR 078? Or the cool BR 76? :whistle: or international trains like the swiss ICN, the swiss crocodile, french e-locomotives It could be so easy, as we know now.

:wink: Alexx

...and, yes, Roco fits into Auhagens shed; you only have to use a helpful, glossy plastic-part at the sheds end - to bring the couplings hook onto the base-plate. :idea:
TT Kupplungshilfe.jpg
Leftover from a LED-package. :-)
TT Roco BR 38 passt in den Schuppen.JPG
Don't breath, don't smoke. :-)
SpurM

Re: Rocos BR 38 – a nice copy of Fleischmanns H0-model.

Postby ConducTTor » Wed May 16, 2012 1:07 pm

I don't like your reviews. They make me want to buy things. But you already knew that ;)
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby SpurM » Wed May 16, 2012 1:52 pm

:wink:

Alexx
SpurM

Postby j p » Mon May 21, 2012 5:20 am

Here are 2 pictures of the 'real thing' to compare with the model.
The engine is only a decoration and the two dining cars are used as a restaurant.

DSC00020.JPG
BR 38

DSC00021.JPG
BR 38
j p

Postby Christtking » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Is this a different version of the BR 38? BECMANN TT makes one, Tillig makes one (I think Tillig's version is the old one from former JATT, then sold to Tillig, never build, sold to MMS, now back to Tillig, etc) that's why the models are more expensive these days, false advertisement and if available cost an arm and a leg.
Last edited by Christtking on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:42 am

Recently bought this model and I have a couple of gripes about it. First is the packaging - it's almost impossible to fit it back in once it's out. More importantly, the main wheels don't turn too easily and squeak. On turns (350+ mm) the main wheels don't turn half the time. Even on straight even track they have problems turning freely. And they squeal. Anyone know the proper solution to this?
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 am

I had a problem like this (perhaps) with my BR 18. The valve gear was catching on some of the static plastic bits that had gotten pushed in a bit. It was particularly bad in the curves. Carefully bending it back out solved the problem. I have also found that even a tiny piece of flash can do the same thing. The squeel... Not sure. Oil? I have also found that Roco models need their wheels cleaned right out of the box.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:55 am

Thanks. Very annoying having to fix something right out of the box. :evil:
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby dileTTante » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:45 am

I use silicone grease. What I have is in a tube bought from an electronics parts shop. It's clear and viscous but only a tiny amount is needed. I bought the grease for other purposes but seems to work well on TT. I use a toothpick or something like that to apply it to locomotive gears, worms, axle bearings, etc.
Christtking wrote:Is this a different version of the BR 38? Beckmann TT make one, Tillig makes one

When I bought the Beckmann BR 38 and researched for suitable passenger stock I found the Beckmann was a Saxon version. Most references showed a Prussian BR 38 which looks different and was mainly used for commuter service -the Ruhrschnellverkehr.
dileTTante

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:46 pm

I guess I'll have to take all that apart.....I HATE taking apart steam locos.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to Roco TT Scale Models