Roco DR 132 model 36203

Roco DR 132 model 36203

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:09 pm

The classic Ludmila by Roco.
Very nice model from the ground up.
Directional lighting - 3 forward - 2 back.
Electrical pickup and drive all wheels. 4 traction tires.
Distance between axles is 15mm and distance between bogie pivot points is 102mm.
NEM 651 plug for DCC chip.
This model came with BTTB style couplers but they are easily swapped for Tillig couplers.
The manual is an all German affair but there are plenty of pictures.
Very smooth solid ride and relatively quiet.
Good amount of detail and includes detail detail parts to be applied by owner.

* NOTE
Ludmilas can vary in outward appearance most notably by the exhaust fans and other detail on the roof.
Also, the drive may vary - older models have 6 axle drive whereas newer versions drive only 4 axles - I'm not sure exactly when the change took place.

Roco_DR_132_box.jpg

Roco_DR_132_side.jpg

Roco_DR_132_front.jpg

Roco_DR_132_top.jpg

Roco_DR_132_bottom.jpg

Roco_DR_132_detail.jpg

Roco_Ludmila_Roof_variants.jpg

Roco_Ludmila_manual_1.jpg

Roco_Ludmila_manual_2.jpg

Roco_Ludmila_manual_3.jpg

Roco_Ludmila_manual_4.jpg
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Roco DR 132 model 36203

Postby Christtking » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:05 pm

This model was supposed to be manufactured by Tillig after they agreed to manufacture the stuff for Roco (copperation, partners?), or they have purchased ROCO's stuff?. Roco got pissed and took everything back because, instead of manufacturing the models Tillig concentrated in changing the numbers for the spare parts, changing the mechanism, etc, Tillig was taking too long to manufacture the products, concentrating on future plans of manufacturing what they wanted not what the customers were interested in purchasing. They only advertised! The only models produced by Tillig were: the green version of BR 232 Wismut as article number 02644 (as advertised in their NEWS 2002 flyer).ROCO allready manufactured this model with the article # 36205, and the mint green version of BR 234 as article # 02648 (as advertised in their NEWS 2001 flyer). Roco also manufactured the same model released as 36204. Tillig previously listed the BR 234 (DBAG, era 5) as article number 02643 in their NEWS 1997 flyer and released on the market in 1998. It was the wrong model since Tillig used the same model that was used in BR 130 series. The above model (ROCO 36203) was supposed to be released by Tillig as article number 02790 (as listed in their NEWS 2003 flyer), but it never happened. So back to the model in your photos, ROCO released it in 2005. So after all this confusion about article numbers ROCO continued to release their products in an acceptable manner after it got intrerupted , it made sense, but not really. BR 142 was 36204, another BR 142 was 36205, BR 232 DB RAILION was 36206, 232 ECOTRANS was 36207, CSD version was 36208, and so on. In reality they are off by 2 numbers because of the BR 234 mint green and BR 232 Wismut. Why is this bothering me so much?
Christtking

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Christtking wrote:Why is this bothering me so much?

Because Tillig does stupid things on a regular basis. Seriously. So many of their models are wrong or not as good as they can be for the price. But they don't care. Why? I'll tell you why. They are the only game in town. They know all the TTers (like me and you) will buy their products because no one else is making them.

TT is great isn't it :wave: ?

It is. HO = not enough space, N = need microscope. There IS only one. TT.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Christtking » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Same goes for ROCO, they have the money, they start with releasing a few good products to gain the collectors' confidence and then they start producing shi**y stuff. One thing for a fact, I started to dislike Tillig products, in the past 6 years I've receive a lot of their items with parts missing or defect. So to replace them I have to make a long list of spare parts with exact part number and wait to see if I can get them. Same thing started to happen with ROCO products. The shop I purchase my stuff from, explained to me that Tillig thinks the problem was solved by hiring contract workers (cheap labor), people from all countries all across Europe, especially Turkey! Same thing goes for Roco (I think). TT still the best scale. One reason it is U NIK (UNIQUE)!
Last edited by Christtking on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Postby LVG1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Christtking wrote:...that Tillig thinks the problem was solved by hiring contract workers (cheap labor), people from all countries all across Europe, especially Turkey!

Sounds VERY, VERY strange to me.

Nowadays the most popular way of saving personnel costs are subcontracted workers. And by far most of them are Germans. Especially in East Germany the unemployment rate is so high that many poeple work for less money than they need for life. They need government aid although they are working all the day.

Contract workers from abroad are a story of decades ago...
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Christtking » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:39 pm

I will have to include my comment/post under this category since the model represents Class 132.
Just received my cheap version of article number 36214 and according to their publicity (advertisement) found on their updated web site, this ROCO model should come with etched mirrors (extra add on detail). I think I am blind because I do not find any mirrors inside the accesory bag or maybe I am gone crazy looking at the model trying to find the mirrors! I bet anyone ROCO forgot to place those inside the pouch. It 's no big deal. All my other Ludmillas have no mirrors also.
One more thing: the coupler cover is installed upside down, the straight, flat surface should be on the bottom of the coupler, so it was installed wrong from the beginning in the coupler guide. I expect more quality from a brand new product. It would not do any good if I will talk to the distributor to talk to them, ROCO representative will just say YEAH!
Christtking

Return to Roco TT Scale Models