roco digital starter set

roco digital starter set

Postby jmass » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:48 pm

i just purchased the roco digital starter set, cosisting of a br234 and three freight cars. cant wait to get it and run it. does anyone have any familiarity with the multi mause digital system? jezz i hope the instructions are in english.
jmass

Re: roco digital starter set

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:25 pm

I see no one has responded. I have not used this system but my advice is if you need help with it , post on here the exact model numbers of the DCC equipment and I'll do some research. Also, looking at EuroTrain's site, they have a service partner who will likely be able to help you out. Take a look at this page http://www.eurotrainhobby.com/service.php
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby BTTB Fan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:53 pm

ConducTTor wrote:I see no one has responded.

Not ready to take a plunge yet, sticking with DC. It took me over 10 years to switch to the "advanced" track! :lol:
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby jmass » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:43 pm

ive allready looked into dcc trains. was going to buu two locomotives and i looked in to how much it would cost to install dcc and sound, well the final cost would of been over 100 dollars each, so i decided to go with the starter set. figured i could youse the freight cars.'and if i dont like the multi maus system ill just go back to the prodigy advanced system.i ran s and ho on that system and never had any problems.
jmass

Postby jmass » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:46 pm

got my digital set today and am luvin it. roco allready programs the loco that comes with the set so you dont have to do anything but run it.the br234 is almost 7 inches long and has directional lights and also red running lights that come on in the opposite direction your running. a great set for anyone who wants to get into digital. the only problem im having is with the couplers. the dont seem to want to hook up. there the newer type. almost seems like the buffers are keeping them from connecting.
jmass

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:50 pm

The Roco Ludmilas (br 132, 232, 234, etc.) are fantastic. Regarding the couplers, I have a couple of Roco wagons and they have the same issue. The buffers are too long. The solution is to shave about 1mm from the buffers of the wagons and you should be golden. To get them off, simply pull them out.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby BTTB Fan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:44 pm

Deep breath... I don't need a DCC set... I don't need a DCC set... there, all better! ... not! :cry:
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:51 pm

BTTB Fan wrote:Deep breath... I don't need a DCC set... I don't need a DCC set... there, all better! ... not! :cry:

You know how you guys are giving me crap about steam? .......................
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby jmass » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:03 pm

hey bttb, stepping up to dcc has a lot of benefits, as i found out with ho, and one of them is the elimination of a lot of wiring. thanks for the info on those couplers conducter. that must of slipped by quality control at roco!
jmass

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Well, the strange thing with Roco is, I don't think it slipped by quality control. I think that's the way they're designed because it appears to be a common theme. I've read in a lot of places of people having to shorten wagon buffers.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to Electric / DCC