Roco BR44

Roco BR44

Postby CSD » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:08 am

Noticed that someone has bought one of Roco's TT BR44's. I'm curious about any impressions the model has made on you. How is the detail? Does it work well? Etc...
Mark
//S
CSD

Re: Roco BR44

Postby Arseny » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:29 am

I didn't buy it yet (unfortunately I have not enough money right now...) but I tested it in the shop.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72&p=1462&hilit=BR44#p1462

It looks nice.

Good detalisation.
It is very heavy, more heavy than Tillig's BR01 or BTTB's BR56
It takes 286-mm radius well.

In my opinion art.36011 is more beautiful than 36010.
Arseny

Postby CSD » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Thanks for the information. I like the Witte deflectors over the Wagner ones as well. They look faster somehow.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby Christtking » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:08 pm

My experience with this model was that is very expensive, looks good, works good, but when you receive it damaged or with parts missing, you totally change your impression about the ROCO models. For that kind of money (Euro 228), I expected more. Now it will cost me more money to get new spare parts and I will have to wait until I will get them and then I will have to spent the time to replace the broken and missing parts. So my model is not really functional until then, it's kind of like putting 228 Euros in cash on the rail and wait until it starts to move....Same experince with BR 18 201.
Christtking

Postby CSD » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Yeah. Since posting this I have acquired one. Like you said. Mine came busted too.
More: roco-br-44-oil-fired-model-36012-t873.html
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby Christtking » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:35 pm

Due to many complaint from hard core collectors ROCO changed their packaging on BR 132, also the empty pocket (cavity) in the styrofoam piece where they normally place the little bag with extra add-on parts it is filled up with styrofoam and the bag is placed in the front bottom left side of the model next to the coupler. The newer packaging method for BR 44''s and BR 18's are some clear plastic moulded cups the fit over (the top) the entire loco and tender body's and some pieces at least 3 of skinny (thin) sponge placed inside to avoid friction between the model and this plastic cover and on the bottom another moulded clear plastic piece (straight) that extends from the bottom of the loco to the bottom of the tender with some protrusions (raised areas) between the loco and the tender to keep it from moving, and the company connects the loco to the tender during shipping, not dissengaged like before.
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:38 pm

I like to super detail my models. I get my ideas from real life prototypes that I find from videos on "youtube", pictures from "Eisenbahn Journal" and the web site "railfaneurope".
Christtking

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 pm

I have a 18-201 and a BR 38 from Roco and both were delivered without issues. I guess I was lucky.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Christtking » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Because they are newer batches I guess! And being lucky!
Christtking

Return to Prototypes / Models