Roco BR 18 201 model 36025

Roco BR 18 201 model 36025

Postby ArturSch » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:20 pm

After JAGO now turn to Roco. :grin:

This model is exceptional in appearance and function. Pick up is from all wheels on the tender and the front 4 drivers. Motor is installed in the tender driving 2 axles, 4 traction tires are installed. Lighting is 3 element directional. LED's are warm white.
NEM 651 plug is installed for digital operation (models 36025 & 36027) with analog plug or sound decoder (probably: ESU mini - models 36026 & 36028).
Many fine details (piping) is installed, and still more are waiting in the bag, and Roco couplers, too.
Instructions come in 3 languages: German, English and French.
Roco presented the new packaging, better in my opinion.
See pictures:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Instructions:
Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

More:
:arrow: Roco uebersicht (DE),
:arrow: My web: 36025, 36026, 36027, 36028
:arrow: in polish, ForumTT.pl - comparison of Roco and JAGO
ArturSch

Re: Roco BR 18 201 model 36025

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Artur, fantastic pictures in both of your posts. Thanks much and welcome to the forum!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:58 pm

I can't wait to get this thing! Thanks for the pictures.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby anotherTTnut » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Here are some real life videos, first one is of the red livery that was only running for about a year after the complete Overhaul in Germany`s only fully functioning Steam locomotive repair & new construction (!!!) shop in Meiningen http://www.dampflokwerk.de/en/index.htm

This livery and also the later green livery was mainly sponsered by Roco as they had a huge part in paying for the overhaul of the original. The second video is of the current green livery.

Red: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDnI3zRVYU8
Green: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPpyCz1-ADw & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLMiUV4Ruoo

I find the red version kinde nice :thumbup:
anotherTTnut

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:24 pm

I've watched the green one before but have never seen the red. Cool!
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:46 pm

BTW, if anyone's interested in this awesomeness, ETH has one in stock: http://www.eurotrainhobby.com/product_i ... ts_id/8429
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:57 pm

Rather than add a whole new topic with the same description I have included the Roco BR 18 201 with sound model 36026 here. The addition to the above description is that it comes equipped with a sound decoder, of course, and is digitally operated. The sounds themselves are of high quality and even the 3 cylinder chuffs are aligned with the rotation of the wheels. Absolutely beautiful model.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby Christtking » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:10 pm

Nice model, but its lacking a lot of details. For that money I should make a correct one and sell back to ROCO and teach them a lesson about ripping people off when they sell their models as brand new after they have been used at train shows and some parts are removed or damaged and nobody cared to replace them.
Last edited by Christtking on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:17 pm

For some reason I think ROCO screwed this one up. I studied a lot of photos and watched a lot of videos and I'm pretty certain the back of the tender is not correctly done. Since they used the same tooling the red version was manufactured the same way. By the way the red version is the same loco as the oxide green version. It was painted that color just for few years by the owner (it had something to do with ROCO, the company sponsored it, was involved somehow) and got very bad reviews from railways fans, so it got re-painted in the original oxide green color. This loco's original number was class 02 (BR 02) of the former East German Railways (Deutsche Reichsbahn), it was overhauled and became the fastest operating steam locomotive in the world. It is considered to be so because the english one (I think the name of it is BALLARD) is all taken apart for reconstruction. That is the real speed record keeper for the fastest steam locomotive in the world. The model build by ROCO is a replica of the museum version in DBAG era, which there were some disputes about the real owner of this locomotive. DBAG ownes the track and the real owner need permission to run his locomotive on them showing it off to the train enthusiasts whenever the special trips take place. When the locomotive is scheduled to perform long distance trips an auxiliary tender is attached behind the existing one coupled to the machine, for more coal and water supply. I think a small series company (Voightander?) manufactures this type of tender and the price range is between 110-120 Euros. I do not know for a fact if the piece is motorized. It would not make any sense to be so, but that kind of price for a dummy tender it is kind of steep. The model itself manufactured by Roco lackes a lot of details still! for the price they are asking for. Especially the red markerlights are missing especially in the front of the beast the model is adapted with a red plastic insert that imitates them (non-functional), since the space is limited in order to install some nano SMD LEDS and the electronics.
Last edited by Christtking on Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Postby LVG1 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:59 pm

Christtking wrote:It was painted that color just for few years by the owner (it had something to do with ROCO, the company sponsored it, was involved somehow) and got very bad reviews from railways fans, so it got re-painted in the original oxide green color.

Roco sponsored the red color of the locomotive. So they made themselves more popular and could offer another color version of their model, so the moulds got paid.
But initially, the locomotive was planned to keep the red color for only one year. Finally, it kept the color for a longer time because of a lack of money to recolor it again. The bad reviews had got nothing to do with that.

By the way:
There was not one "original oxide green" color. In its history, during regular use in test train service and later, the locomotive wore more than half a dozen different shades of green. In GDR times there was no heat resistant standard green color available. So the color was newly mixed every time the locomotive was repainted.

Christtking wrote:This loco's original number was class 02 (BR 02) of the former East German Railways (Deutsche Reichsbahn), ...

What is considered to be the "original number"?
The locomotive was made of a mix of used parts of several different (types of) locomotives. So one could interpret the number of one of the canibalized locomotives to be the original number.
The first number of the locomotive, after it was assambled in the current way, was "18 201".
In 1970, it was renumbered into "02 0201-0".
And now it usually wears its former number again. But sometimes you can also see it with it's last official number.

Christtking wrote:...it was overhauled and became the fastest operating steam locomotive in the world. It is considered to be so because the english one (I think the name of it is BALLARD) is all taken apart for reconstruction. That is the real speed record keeper for the fastest steam locomotive in the world.

The name of the English class A4 locomotive is "Mallard".
I don't know if "18 201" was the fastest operable steam locomotive when it was made. It only had to be fast because it was intended to pull trains to test passenger cars and components at high speeds.
For now, as long as "Mallard" is not yet operable, "18 201" is the fastest operable steam locomotive on earth.

Christtking wrote:When the locomotive is scheduled to perform long distance trips an auxiliary tender is attached behind the existing one coupled to the machine, for more coal and water supply.

Since the late 1960s, the locomotive has been oil fired.
How do you want to get coal from the additional tender to the locomotive?

Christtking wrote:Especially the red markerlights are missing especially in the front of the beast the model is adapted with a red plastic insert that imitates them (non-functional), since the space is limited in order to install some nano SMD LEDS and the electronics.

As far as I know, the prototype doesn't have any "red marker lights"...
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Next

Return to Roco TT Scale Models