Rocky Mountain Train Show

Rocky Mountain Train Show

Postby dwyaneward » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:22 pm

I have been busy with a new job, so I had not the time to ask this.

Recently an friend of mine who's part owner of Brad's Trains here in Dallas. They were setup at the Rocky Mountain Train Show back on March 4-5.

While there, he mention to me there was a TT Scale layout setup at the show.

Anyone know anything of this layout.

I do not have anymore info on this other than the above.
Dwyane Ward | Fairview, TX
My TT Scale Modeling Blog
Texas & Pacific - Bonham Division in N Scale
KD Models -3D Printing

Re: Rocky Mountain Train Show

Postby dileTTante » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 pm

My guess is that it might be Christking who is no longer registered on TTNut, although his comments still can be found on the forum - such as in the threads about Roco models. He collects TT but had no layout, and he didn't have much good to say about the show in Denver. rocky-mountain-train-show-t2352-10.html

Perhaps the organizer of the show can give you information. The web page has a mail link to the layout co-ordinator.

-Terry C

Re: Rocky Mountain Train Show

Postby Bernd » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:33 am

Just went back and read the Chris King thread. WOW! He sounds like a feisty opinionated person. I have to say though about his comment on the guy that didn't believe there was a scale between N and HO that I would have reacted similar. I would have taken an old Model Railroader magazine that had H.P. Products advertisement in it and shown it to that other person and said "see here, there is a scale between N (000) and HO".

One thing I do have to say though, European models aren't very popular in the US. One reason is todays modelers model what they see in person such as to days railroads. You can find some European models at shows. I've gone to many in my local area. I also have a good friend that collects all sorts of models, sells at shows and E-bay and he has come across some European models, but not many.

Return to General Discussion