Resin Hoppers

Re: Resin Hoppers

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:37 am

ConducTTor wrote:Bill, what type of car is the reefer?

No specific prototype. It is a generic 40' wood reefer modeled after the Accurail car.
Wood sides and ends. Would be applicable for mainline service into the 50s', With a steel end, maybe from a Gold Ccast Box car you could push it a bit further.
The builder had thought about copying a CPR prototype but that would have limited the road names that could be used on it.

This could be used for plain railroad schemes or billboard schemes. As the model is not ready yet I have not thought about decals. Need to have one in my hand to figure out what to do.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Gotcha thanks.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby j p » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:59 am

Work on the resin hoppers is in progress! :grin:

First of them is ready for paint.

I made new artwork for Pennsy GLD hopper

j p

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:11 pm

Looking good :) I assume the artwork above is in scale?
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby j p » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:10 pm

The artwork is in TT scale. I used a photo from John Teichmoellers book 'Pennsylvania Railroad Steel Open Hopper Cars'
Don't use the picture above for making decals. Just ask for the vector file instead.
j p

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:00 pm

The good news is that winter hiatus is over and my caster friend is back casting.
The bad news is he doesn't like the Coastal Engineering Fishbelly sided hopper car and won't make any more assembled models.
Happily he made enough for the requests I have. I might be able to get sets of castings. Not sure.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Arseny » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:09 pm

I would be happy to get 1 or 2 assembled cars or kits of these "fishbelly side" hoppers.
I wanted to order them a month or two later to combine them with some other cars, but in this case - maybe you can reserve 2 hoppers for me?

Sincerely,
Arseny
Arseny

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Arseny wrote:I would be happy to get 1 or 2 assembled cars or kits of these "fishbelly side" hoppers.
I wanted to order them a month or two later to combine them with some other cars, but in this case - maybe you can reserve 2 hoppers for me?

Sincerely,
Arseny

I will see about getting sets of castings. I know he prefers to sell assembled cars but he does not like assembling these cars but he may do castings.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby j p » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:50 pm

If his assembling is as good as it was with the previous hoppers, then better buy it unassembled. No offense, but if the parts do not fit perfectly, he should put some spacer to fill the gap and not force them together because then the assembled car is warped and that cannot be repaired.

I am late with getting the hoppers finished, it took me some time to find a prototype which would somehow fit the resin hoppers. It is not a USRA hopper for sure. So the decals I made for Pennsy GLD cannot be used for it. If I wanted to make a USRA hopper out of it, I'd have to replace all the pannels and side sills.
The good news is that I found a prototype which (almost) matches them: Pennsy H31. The panels are almost correct for H31 and the very small side sill too.
j p

Previous

Return to Prototypes / Models