Resin Cast Track

Re: Resin Cast Track

Postby richardedmonds » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:12 pm

Looks pretty good Bernd, I am interested in how this works out in the end. Right now it looks very feasible and a good way of doing things.
richardedmonds

Postby richardedmonds » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:15 pm

Bernd do you have any idea how many csats you will get before the mold starts to fail
richardedmonds

Postby sd80mac » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:44 pm

How does the gauge look? Loose? Tight? Was resin shrinkage a factor?

Donnell
sd80mac

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Bernd wrote:Richard,

I'm going to be making more than one rubber mold. I'm going to make as many as I can with the amount of material I have. I'm not concerned about how long the mold will last. I'm sure it will last through several thousand casts if treated with care.

Here's one I just poured a few minutes ago. It is curved to a 12" radius after the flash was removed. I've got one section I'm going to let cure for a few days and try the same curve.

Bernd

It looks interesting. There are coloring agents you can add to resin to kill the white color.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby jakeman103 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:49 am

Wooow this looks impressive! ! Consider producing slim turnouts for TT Fries? :) :)
jakeman103

Postby j p » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:13 am

I see that Bernd is having fun with this project. If it was not for the fun, this could hardly compete with the products already available. I appreciate the approach, making demonstrators to show what is possible to do with resin casting . Perhaps the technique cannot compete for making track (because injection molded or laser cut products are available), but it can be used for sure for other items - which are not available yet.

jakeman103 wrote:Wooow this looks impressive! ! Consider producing slim turnouts for TT Fries? :) :)

I read this: "Consider producing slim turnouts cheaper than those from Art& Detail, TT Filligran, and SAZ model ?"
:)
j p

Postby Christtking » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:36 am

@Bernd: Looks very nice. I wish I was a machinist. I do not have the pacience. I do not know if you do this for fun, for yourself? Do you plan to turn your idea into something that can be sold on the market? I was thinking about something that you might make since you are so talented. Here is an idea. I am pretty sure that "NOBODY" makes the track bed for the high speed trains use in Germany. The concrete sleepers sections and bed (base?) all formed together. I can not explain too good what I mean. I have to find a photo and post it. Take care!
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:08 am

Thanks for the prompt response! I have to correct a little bit what I wrote in my previous post (obviously we are in a TT scale forum). I meant that "NOBODY" makes that type of bedding in "TT scale" yet. Yes I think it looks something like the photo showing "slab track FF Boegl. Nuremberg-Munchen high speed rail line. The photo I've seen it was taken in Berlin, so I guess this type of bedding track is used all over Germany. I do not know if many people would be interested in such thing thou. It sure would be the cat's meow to have the ICE trains run over something protoypically correct track. Of course I was thinking at the time only about the straight section (s), but obviously there got to be the curves with different radiuses involved also.
Christtking

Postby CN-TT » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:17 am

@christtking: "Feste Fahrbahn" for TT is available here: http://www.ttfiligran.de/shop/shop.asp? ... 3601&cpa=1
Bjoern
You gotta do much more than believe if you really wanna change things!

"The GuiTTar Case" Gallery
"The GuiTTar Case" YouTube
CN-TT

Postby Christtking » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:30 pm

@CN-TT. Thanks for the info. Are those wood etched? Kind of expensive! I was looking for something more practical moulded in plastic rails attached, ready to snap and go similar thing to the KATO/TILLIG bedding track.
Christtking

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion