replacement couplers

replacement couplers

Postby dileTTante » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:21 am

One set of passenger wagons which I have came with old style couplers. The wagons are the 4 axle 'eilzugwagen' similar to those included with the Karwendal Express set. The wagons have a close coupling mechanism at each end, and Tillig provided fixed links which could be installed instead of the standard couplers. I want to fit new style couplers to these wagons either Tillig or Kuehn. The fitting between the wagon and coupler is unique. Can anyone tell me what to use?
Attachments
new_coupler.JPG
what to use?
dileTTante

Re: replacement couplers

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:33 pm

That's a weird coupler mounting that as far as I know was only used for those types of wagons. I've never seen a replacement coupler that fits it.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby The Fish » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:23 pm

G'day,
I have same problem. you have to pull them apart if you can obtain the plastic part. Watch out for the spring. I have not been able to obtain replacement plastic part that the coupling fits to. I have swapped. a more moden parts to give me a new coupling at each end of the rake of coaches. Its a pain
regards
Ted
Attachments
coupler bar.jpg
The Fish

Postby dileTTante » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:51 am

Thanks for the bad news, guys. I need only one to hook the train of coaches to the loco. I'll try to splice old coupler end to new coupler. Doubt that it will work because the plastic is slippery stuff.
dileTTante

Return to General Discussion