Ready To Run RS3

Ready To Run RS3

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Gang, I just had a conversation with Ingo Schwaetzer and there is a possibility of a RTR RS3 model. If they get 20 requests, they will do it. Cost will be between 400 and 500 Euro. If you're interested, please contact Ingo. He's a board member so you can email or PM him through here member/IngoSchwaetzer/ .
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Ready To Run RS3

Postby railtwister » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:33 am

ConducTTor wrote:Gang, I just had a conversation with Ingo Schwaetzer and there is a possibility of a RTR RS3 model. If they get 20 requests, they will do it. Cost will be between 400 and 500 Euro. If you're interested, please contact Ingo. He's a board member so you can email or PM him through here member/IngoSchwaetzer/ .

There's no doubt that the RS3 shown here recently looks like a beautifully done loco, but how well do they run? That is an awful lot of $$ to commit to a loco (in any scale, let alone TT) without knowing that it will run exquisitely, and for a very long time without breakdowns needing major repair. Would spare parts be available anywhere? Also, would it be with DCC & sound, DCC installed, or would it just be DCC-ready? I hate to sound negative, but the last time I spent that much money on a model train, it was for a brass Sn3 Shay, which is a very complex model. It also developed a cracked main drive gear within a year or so after purchase, and although I was able to get a replacement, during the installation process I discovered that the gearbox was soldered together rather than being held together with screws (not very good engineering). I swore I'd never do that again!

Bill in FL
railtwister

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Good questions. But, unfortunately not ones I can answer.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby scaro » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:35 am

i think that price is reasonable for what it is.
scaro

Postby areibel » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:54 pm

I think Ben's right- the German group custom builds these locomotives for themselves, they're not going to cut corners! Anything "retail", even brass is going to be built with costs in mind, the cost of the RS3's is the cost of production- I doubt they're profiting much if at all. The detail is amazing, I can't imagine the hours of engineering that went into them.
I'm just glad they are available!
areibel

Postby sacto-tt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Anyone know the status of this? Now that the Christmas bills have been paid, I'm looking at my financial status and may be able to afford one. I was just wondering if anyone had already signed on and had some additional information.
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Contact Ingo and tell him you want one. If he gets 20 orders, he'll produce it.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to Prototypes / Models