Random Cat Photos

Talk about anything and everything!

Re: Random Cat Photos

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:09 pm

ConducTTor, I believe your cat is visiting us:
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:50 am

I know not what you speak of.

What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Rufus, the destroyer.
Spiller of paint, explorer of anywhere he shouldn't be and Godzilla of the workbench...

areibel

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Rufus looks a lot like Tigger, a cat that we ended up having to take care of a lot of the time when I was stationed in connecticut. Her owner did not seem to care for keeping her fed or kept up with, so she spent a lot of time with me. Tigger hated Nicholle though (and pretty much everyone other than me, including her "owners").

Rather than let me have Tigger, my neighbor ended up having her put down.

AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:03 am

Rufus and our cat Wally would have a fabulous time together. Wally is also "The Destroyer".

Tigger :(
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:05 am

ConducTTor wrote:Rufus and our cat Wally would have a fabulous time together. Wally is also "The Destroyer".

Tigger :(

I think all cats have the potential to be "destroyers".

When I was younger, we used to have a tuxedo cat named Socks that loved to chew on my HO scale train layout, and had even chewed through the power pack leads to the layout one day, getting her fangs caught in the wires. We do not know how long she was caught on the leads (I forgot to unplug the power pack that day, as we went to the lakes for the weekend, I was only 7 at the time), but she sure smelled and acted funny for the remainder of her life after that incident.
AstroGoat760

Postby areibel » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Rufus was abandoned with two littermates, my brother in law found them and kept the other two. He's probably 9-10 months old now. We were told that he's part Bengal cat, he has spots instead of stripes on his sides (visible in the top pic), but he'd not dangerous to anything except lady bugs and the plastic rings from the top of milk jugs (his favorite toy). But he's fearless, he'll get on top or inside anywhere he can, and he won't hesitate to put our 65 pound Siberian Husky in his place!
Not in the pics is Miss Kitty, our other cat (named for Cartman's cat- proof you shouldn't let your kids watch South Park at a young age!) She's in the maternity ward, just had six kittens (Yeah, Rufus WAS old enough to get the job done!) We had him fixed but it was a little too late!
areibel

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:02 am

areibel wrote:Rufus was abandoned with two littermates, my brother in law found them and kept the other two. He's probably 9-10 months old now. We were told that he's part Bengal cat, he has spots instead of stripes on his sides (visible in the top pic), but he'd not dangerous to anything except lady bugs and the plastic rings from the top of milk jugs (his favorite toy). But he's fearless, he'll get on top or inside anywhere he can, and he won't hesitate to put our 65 pound Siberian Husky in his place!
Not in the pics is Miss Kitty, our other cat (named for Cartman's cat- proof you shouldn't let your kids watch South Park at a young age!) She's in the maternity ward, just had six kittens (Yeah, Rufus WAS old enough to get the job done!) We had him fixed but it was a little too late!

We used to have a roughly 30 lb Bengal tom cat that Nicholle had named Chessie that we had when we were stationed in South Carolina. Chessie LOVED model and toy trains. He went ape when we bought our first Lionel train set, a "scout" set headed up by a 2-4-2 which is numbered #242. Chessie was a doll to us, he loved his adoptive mother, Satan. (Chessie was abandoned by his mother, as she was fighting for her life recovering from burns that she had endured (long story, but to make it short, the man she belonged to deployed, and his wife and kids were not nice to her or her kittens).

Chessie was best friends with our 3 lb. fancy rat named Rat Bastard Sr. (Chessie, Rat Bastard, and Satan made up the "unholy trinity"). Chessie's claws were so long, he could not retract them, and on more than one occasion, could be seen climbing the walls and the ceiling of our house. During a failed burglary attempt, Chessie put some deep wounds in a crook that tried to steal "his" trains. Rat Bastard and Satan did their part to "pen in" the burglars until the police showed up, too. (Another long story).

Chessie around a year old:

Chessie as a young kitten, with our first Lionel train set. Note the cheap $10 toy train engine and cars, as they could run on O-27 track, they were used as "fill-ins" while we built up the layout to run two trains at once, when we only had the one engine at the time.

Here is Satan posing. She had the habit of staying so still that visitors would think that she was a statue. The first time that we had some friends over for Beer-N-BBQ, one picked Satan up, rolled her around, and she still did not move, other than faint breathing. Satan had a habit of drinking heavy, pulling out wine corks and opening up the fridge and drinking my steak marinade, which is around 66.6% whiskey.

We stopped counting the number of times that people, including the Goose Creek, SC police, would bring her home, after she walked across the base to the nearest bar, and rang up a fairly decent tab for herself. The bartender stopped charging her after he realized how many women the cat brought into the bar. From what I understand, she still lives there.
AstroGoat760

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:38 pm

AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Wow - that's a jump!!!
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic