Railway modelism-2011 show

Re: Railway modelism-2011 show

Postby Arseny » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:40 am

Arseny

Postby Marquette » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:48 am

Was there any info on when the platskartniy from TT-Modell will be available?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby Arseny » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:56 am

Marquette wrote:Was there any info on when the platskartniy from TT-Modell will be available?

They announced the master-model on this show and now they are working on the mold.

There were no information about the exact date/time, but I can ask them, if you want...
Arseny

Postby Arseny » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:58 am

...as for me, I prefer the Egorov type passenger wagons... :)
Arseny

Postby Marquette » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:34 am

Well, those are cool too, but I have something rather... "odd" in mind... ;)
Marquette

Postby Arseny » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:52 am

Marquette wrote:Was there any info on when the platskartniy from TT-Modell will be available?

Today I visited the exhibition again and asked Svetlana Kukoba (director of TT-modell) about the platzkart wagon ("сouchette car", "2nd class sleeper")
She told me that she can't guarantee, but they plan to produce it in autumn 2011.
They have a "master-model" on their showcase, I made a photo. (I'll post it later)

Also she told about some "George" who sell their models in USA. Maybe it's Eurotrain Hobby?

Marquette wrote:Arseny, what do you think is the chance that a Russian manufacturer produces a class E steam locomotive? Not only was the type used in Russia, but the 200 that weren't delivered to Russia after the Revolution ended up on US railways: Atlantic Coast Line, Charleston & Western Carolina, Detroit Toledo & Ironton, Erie, Gulf Mobile & Northern (became Gulf Mobile & Ohio in 1941), Nashville Chattanooga & St Louis, New York Susquehanna & Western, Philadelphia & Reading (scrapped 1935), Seaboard Air Line (some ex DT&I; some to Gainesville Midland), St Louis - San Francisco, New Orleans Texas & Mexico and Western Maryland. So this would be a great choice for a model subject, since it could interest both Russian and American modellers! (And there were some in North Korea, too...)

I asked Alexey Zemskov from Peresvet about the E locomotive. He told me that they have been thinking about it.
But the perspectives are at the same time positive and negative. :?

Positive: they are preparing to start Эм locomotive. The chosen chassis could be used for some other steam locomotives - for example, СО (SO), and E too.
So, maybe, someday in future they will produce the E too. :dance:

Negative: right now they work on the Эм. They hope it will be ready at the end of 2011 or maybe at the beginning of 2012.
Later, if the start will be successfull, they will produce another modifications of Э.
Later, if the Э will be successfull, they will start the СО (SO) locomotive. Alexey is sure that the SO will be more popular and more desired for Russians than E, even if keep in mind 15-50 American potential buyers (and 2-3 Finnish... :) )

And only later, after Э and СО, if they will be successfull, maybe they will produce E.
So it may take 10 years or so... :(

BTW, the Э was the most popular steam locomotive all over the world. Approx. 11 000 locomotives were built!
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%D0% ... %B7_%D0%AD

You can see the Э and СО in the new Russian film "The Edge" (Russian: Край, translit. Kray)
The Э locomotives work on the station before Ignat arrives, and the СО is the locomotive of the NKVD officer "Fishman".
As for me, it is not a great film, but there are live steam locomotives there! 8-)
Arseny

Postby Marquette » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks for that, Arseny!

So, it's positive and negative - there may be an E produced. But maybe not. But, if not, if they make the Эм, then there's at least a basis for building a Decapod... :)
Marquette

Postby Arseny » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:04 am

So, it's positive and negative - there may be an E produced. But maybe not.

...but maybe yes, but too late... :)
Arseny

Postby scaro » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:34 am

i notice that some of the wagons there have roofwalks. i wonder what style russian trains use?

ben
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:18 am

The George in America is indeed ETH. He has sections for Peresvet and TT Model models and I'm guessing he can order them if asked.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion