My "railway depot" ! It's just the beginning ...

Post your photos and video links here

My "railway depot" ! It's just the beginning ...

Postby GuiTTar_Case » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Hello everyone ! :wave:

(The Froggy is back) :mrgreen:

Here we are : in this post, I'll show you my current TT scale rolling stock ! Future purchases will also appear.

Diesel locomotives T334 series: iconic in TT scale, I saw that Berliner TT Bahn began to produce it from the 70's!

About the real engine : some were still in use in Czech Republic a few years ago, especially for shunting. Maybe one or more have been preserved by an association for a tourist railway ! And the real one has 3 axles ... not 2 like the model :grin: Tillig sells separately the same loco, but more realistic, with the buffer platform painted black with yellow zebras, 3 real axes, and a number corresponding to the real model ... It's an idea for a future purchase!

Short flat wagon, standard, without inscriptions: a classic in beginners starter sets !

2-axles reefer wagon, with its platform at each end. Without any inscriptions. Looks a bit like an old Dapol "Interfrigo" reefer ...

2-axles gondola wagon, typically German, without inscriptions.

Flat wagon, longer than the starter set one, it's part of a 3-wagons "Bauzug" (rail works train).

Covered wagon, DB, part of the "Bauzug". The real wagon was possibly used for carrying a generator, and heavy tools - as there are "Geräte" ("Machines") and "Shunt with care" inscriptions ...

Specific passenger car for the railroad workers. Originally BCi passenger cars series, converted. Some of this type passenger cars were "war indemnities" for France, used on branch lines with steam or diesel locos, and a few were preserved by some touristic railways !

Tank car "Marcel Millet", SGwf type, "Cocorico", the French lonesome wagon :mrgreen: :lol:
The real one used to carry petrol products and derivates, I'll say that he's carrying "moonshine" from "Groland" (a fictional country created by a humour TV show) to "Gnomdorf am Wald" :shh: Very atypical moonshine, named "Brindillette", distilled from old tractor tires :wtf: :sick:

And finally, this adorable Hungarian wine barrel wagon. ("Drink responsibly") :whistle:

"Et voilà" ! It's a nice beginning, don't you think ?

See you soon ! Greetings from France :ugeek: :thumbup:
- Antonin "GuiTTar_Case" :mrgreen:
GuiTTar_Case

Re: My "railway depot" ! It's just the beginning ...

Postby GuiTTar_Case » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:07 pm

Hello to everyone ! :D

So, I wanted to present to you my latest acquisitions of rolling stock and track in TT scale.

The freight train, on its track oval. There are actually two wagons in the original set, I bought the silo wagon in addition !

First part from the inside of the box set. Everything is well set, well packed, protected from shocks and dust !

The second part of the box set ...

The top of the box, at the delivery :thumbup:

Extra tracks and switches ! Always "Bettungsgleis".

The German silo car...

That's it ! The product works perfectly. In both cabins of the locomotive, the driver's desk is suggested quite accurately, I think. The reversible front/rear lighting is impeccable. Moreover, the locomotive has a much more appreciable slow speed than that of the T334 locomotive in my first set ! And about the passing over the plastic cores of switches is concerned, it changes everything.

I had tested it on an oval of track, with a switch on the right side facing a bundle of sidings, but it turned out to be a little worrying : one of the two wagons, in push, derailed between two switches ... Yesterday, I made a new try, at the model railroading club: but this time, on a bundle of tracks in point-to-point. And there, no derailment ! I think (and so does the club president) that there was too much imbalance between the bogies of the locomotive and the two wagons, when the shunting train passes through the switches, because of the exit of the curve of the oval ... So I have reassurance.

Anyway : the next layout will also be point-to-point, only for freight and shunting activity with diesel locomotives.

For the baseboard of the future layout, well, a friend of mine told me he could find a violoncello or a contrabassoon case ... I'm fine, thank you ! :mrgreen: :whistle:

See you soon for new adventures, on imaginary Central European tracks this time ! All that remains is to find a name for the future freight station ... (I'm not going to learn Hungarian: D)

- Antonin :geek:
GuiTTar_Case

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:18 pm

Hmmm, how about a harp case? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:43 am

ConducTTor wrote:Hmmm, how about a harp case? Lol

Nah, how about a TT Scale layout in a a Grand Piano!
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby krokodil » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:30 pm

I have an old piano. The surface is perfect, polished brown..... you can remove the mechanizm. :-)
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby GuiTTar_Case » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:05 am

Hey there ! :mrgreen:

Hmmm, how about a harp case? Lol

I have no idea how much a harp case costs ... but I don't think I could afford it 'til I'll win the French Lotto :lol:

I have an old piano. The surface is perfect, polished brown..... you can remove the mechanizm. :-)

Hello Krokodil :wave:

Thanks for the piano, but to carry it from Austria to French Brittany, I'll need an international moving company with a truck :shock:

See ya !

- Antonin "GuiTTar_Case" :geek:
GuiTTar_Case

Return to Photos / Videos