Rail Planning Software

Re: Rail Planning Software

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:09 pm

On one of the T gauge sites that I check from time to time, someone mentioned a Rail Layout software system called AnyRail. I downloaded the demo, and found that the track library includes TT scale, Tillig Track, with or without roadbed.

http://www.anyrail.com

The demo version only lets you build so large of a file, a limit the full version does not have. The full version is $59. I am going to see what I think before I buy it myself.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:15 pm

That's what I used to design my layout. Also, I use flex track everywhere and just elongate it to whatever I need. Go look at my rail plans in my layout thread - they are all 50 pieces or less. All done on the demo version.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:56 pm

The interesting thing about the software is the fact that it is possible to use multiple scales on the same planning page, such as if you were to use N gauge as a narrow gauge section.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:22 am

BTTBfan, does the RR-Track software allow for the use of multiple gauges/scales of track on the same drawing?

It would be nice to be able to show the TT and N (used for narrow gauge) on the same drawing page.

-CaTT
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Postby BTTB Fan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:04 pm

CaTTwoman281 wrote:BTTBfan, does the RR-Track software allow for the use of multiple gauges/scales of track on the same drawing?

It would be nice to be able to show the TT and N (used for narrow gauge) on the same drawing page.

-CaTT

I have no experience with RR-Track, I use WinTrack 8.0, and, as far as I can tell, it does NOT allow mixing gauges on the same drawing. :(
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:14 am

BTTB Fan wrote:
CaTTwoman281 wrote:BTTBfan, does the RR-Track software allow for the use of multiple gauges/scales of track on the same drawing?

-CaTT

I have no experience with RR-Track, I use WinTrack 8.0, and, as far as I can tell, it does NOT allow mixing gauges on the same drawing. :(

Thanks. I think that has sealed the deal with us for buying the full version of Anyrail then, we just wanted to know what others have experienced with different track planning programs before we commit to buying one.

-The CaTT
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Postby ctxmf74 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Staples sells 11 by 17 inch pads of 1/4 inch grid graph paper. That works great for up to 11 by 17 foot layouts, bigger than that just tape sheets together. All one needs is a fine pencil, a straight edge, a compass for curves, and an erasure for mistakes :>) No software,electricity,or learning curves to worry about. It's the OG way of doin it. ....dave
ctxmf74

Previous

Return to Layouts / Track Plans