Question about "Goggles" locomotive

Re: Question about "Goggles" locomotive

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:46 am

Thx for the info guys :)
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Markus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 pm

JBr wrote:
Markus wrote:... The blue-white with flashes is fairly common, and so is the red one. The new blue-blue-white livery is getting more common...

Almost true, but not entirely. "The Red Devil", 754.066, is the only one of its kind, there are no other fully red goggles today.

I believe you! I must have had the luck to see this one many times, so I thought it was rather common.
Markus

Postby CSD » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Boo corporate livery! The paint job is nice, but it is a shame to loose that variety.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby CSD » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:04 pm

I found a good Brejlo-party pic. It must be pre 1988 because of the old numbers and I think this by Brno somewhere...
753143a.jpg
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:08 pm

So the individual depots could just paint any loco whatever they wanted? If that's the case, that's super cool.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby JBr » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:04 am

ConducTTor wrote:So the individual depots could just paint any loco whatever they wanted? If that's the case, that's super cool.

Basically yes, but usually only goggles 750/753/754 or grumpies 749/751 and only in certain time periods - end of 1980s before the red-yellow stripe livery and from 1990s to introduction of the corporate livery. Electric locos and other diesel classes were usually just slightly "tuned" with white lining of the bumpers etc. without changing their original livery.
XpressnetLib - .NET class library for DCC model railroad control
JBr

Postby CSD » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Hey Boss. If you are going to get one of these I recommend the sound one (of course). The sound quality and volume of the Zimo decoder is quite impressive. That being said, the MTH version deserves some real attention and may be worth waiting for. A Czech locomotive made by a Czech manufacturer at a price point lower than the rest. You tell me who is going to be the most committed to the design (sound decoder also available). http://www.mtbbus.cz/modely/index.htm

My question about the MTH version is: When is it coming out and where do I get one? There is a March-April 2011 date identified on the website. Is it true?
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:03 pm

I'm not a huge fan of sound. Not that I don't like it - I just can't justify the price. As for MTH, they don't have the blue lightning version that I want the most.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby JBr » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Just to make things clear, the manufacturer is called MTB, not MTH. As far as I know, they're still aiming for the late March/April release of the 753/750. On the other hand Mr. Bana doesn't want to do his work hastily and release unfinished product, so we'll see...

conducTTor: It already has been confirmed that MTB will release 754 in the same color combination as the latest Roco model - blue white yellow flash. The reason it isn't mentioned anywhere on their web is simple - the first model to be released is class 753/750. Class 754 models will be released later this year.
XpressnetLib - .NET class library for DCC model railroad control
JBr

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:41 pm

I would be interested in one of MTB's 754 pieces, how about a North-American goup buy?
Alexei
BTTB Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models