PVM Alco FA and FB kit information

Re: PVM Alco FA and FB kit information

Postby railtwister » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:29 pm

emckay7067 wrote:
lüTTe wrote:Is it possible to see what you will get? I'm still interested :!:
Thanks! lüTTe

Go to this link, then go down the page until you get to "The Mechanism Kit - 4 axle".
http://www.hollywoodfoundry.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=10&cat=BullAnt+Drive+Mechanisms
The photo shows the trucks with 3 axles each, but the 4 axle kits have 2 axles on each truck.

Hi Elmer,

Yikes! Looking at the drawing it looks like the BA drive has awfully steep angles between the drive shaft and the truck universals, which was the main operational complaint about the German conversion mechs. for the Lionel die cast Geeps and F-units. Do you think there might be enough room between the trucks of the FA to use one of the motor mounts shown lower down on the same page that positions the motor lower on the chassis?

Thanks,
Bill in FL
railtwister

Postby emckay7067 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:34 pm

railtwister wrote:
emckay7067 wrote:
lüTTe wrote:Is it possible to see what you will get? I'm still interested :!:
Thanks! lüTTe

Go to this link, then go down the page until you get to "The Mechanism Kit - 4 axle".
http://www.hollywoodfoundry.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=10&cat=BullAnt+Drive+Mechanisms
The photo shows the trucks with 3 axles each, but the 4 axle kits have 2 axles on each truck.

Hi Elmer,

Yikes! Looking at the drawing it looks like the BA drive has awfully steep angles between the drive shaft and the truck universals, which was the main operational complaint about the German conversion mechs. for the Lionel die cast Geeps and F-units. Do you think there might be enough room between the trucks of the FA to use one of the motor mounts shown lower down on the same page that positions the motor lower on the chassis?

Thanks,
Bill in FL

Geoff at HF seems to think that you need a big motor for TT scale. I recommend the 1024 motor with flywheels for TT. That is the motor I have used on all my TT locos. They pull good and the wheels still slip if too much of a load is put on behind it. Using the 1024 will also lessen the universal angles.
emckay7067

Postby emckay7067 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:38 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Elmer, have you by any chance weighed the HF mech?

The HF mechanism has no real weight except for the flywheels on the motor. Weight will need to be added to any loco model that uses any of the HF drives. For Cab units there is plenty of room. It will be tighter for Hood units.
emckay7067

Postby Norkin-model » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:50 am

OOO!! Is it wright time to order full kit for me??
Norkin-model.ru - Brass models of a railroads
Norkin-model

Postby emckay7067 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Orders for the FA and FB shell kits are now closed. I have had more orders than I anticipated and now the molds are used up and are not any good for any more castings. All Shell kits are now boxed up and notifications and shipping has started for the last sets. Thank You, Elmer.
emckay7067

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:38 pm

emckay7067 wrote:I have had more orders than I anticipated

Perhaps the wrong time to close shop? :wink:
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Zs12 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:33 am

Has everyone get his FA kits? I'm still waiting for a note by Elmer since I reserved mine in early septembre. I hope he didn't forget it ... :|
Zs12

Postby Arseny » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:53 am

I've got 2 kits in October 2011.
(And also hopper and automobile - but did not get boxcars... :( )

I did not try to assemble or order chassis yet.
Arseny

Previous

Return to Prototypes / Models