Purchases on Auction

Purchases on Auction

Postby gerhard_k » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:54 am

Hello, fellow modelers -

There has been quite a bit of TT activity on the "evil" auction site lately. They don't let you see the identities of the other bidders, but I presume most of them must be on this board.
Recently Paul K (loosecaboose) sold a lot containing various steam engine detail parts, like air compressors, pumps, injectors(?), etc. I didn't want to bid the price into the stratosphere, but if one of you was the successful buyer, I would love to sub-buy several of each component if you're amenable.
Let me know, either on this list or by message.

TIA - Gerhard
Sometimes you win... sometimes you learn.
gerhard_k

Re: Purchases on Auction

Postby j p » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:21 pm

gerhard_k wrote:Hello, fellow modelers -

There has been quite a bit of TT activity on the "evil" auction site lately. They don't let you see the identities of the other bidders, but I presume most of them must be on this board.
Recently Paul K (loosecaboose) sold a lot containing various steam engine detail parts, like air compressors, pumps, injectors(?), etc. I didn't want to bid the price into the stratosphere, but if one of you was the successful buyer, I would love to sub-buy several of each component if you're amenable.

TIA - Gerhard

If you need more of those, just ask Paul. Those come from John Harmon and he may have more of them.
Anyway, I have got some of those if you cannot find the successful buyer and if you cannot get more of them from Paul.
Air compressors, pumps, injectors, 3 types of steam (or sand) domes.

- Jan
j p

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:02 pm

gerhard_k wrote:Hello, fellow modelers -

TIA - Gerhard

The winner of that aforementioned auction was me, well rather my wife bidding for me (and for herself, as well). I am willing to sell some of the parts from the lot, when they arrive, as there are more of the detail parts in the lot than I see myself using for projects over the next few years.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Richard-B » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:33 pm

gerhard_k wrote:<snip> Recently Paul K (loosecaboose) sold a lot containing various steam engine detail parts, like air compressors, pumps, injectors(?) I didn't want to bid the price into the stratosphere, ...
We have been thinking along the same lines; I wrote a private eBay message to Paul:
Paul - This is not a question or complaint; just an observation.
I know you are "liquidating" these (for Jonn H?) but by grouping SO MANY identical parts together... I think you are making an "easy" sale... but at the expense of a much smaller buying market, and a lower total price.
No-one except a reseller can use 26 identical domes. If you instead divided the brass parts into lots with a few of each part... and had 10 or 20 lots, I think you would have more bidders... and end up recovering more value. I know that mailing would be a pain... but still??? Just a thought. Best Wishes and Good Luck.
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:32 pm

I have just posted a listing on the Buy/Sell/Trade section, listing some of the parts lot for sale.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Return to General Discussion