PRR Cabeese

Post your photos and video links here

PRR Cabeese

Postby Sventton » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:30 pm

A regular sight on one of my bicycling routes is New Freedom, PA where there currently is a recently built oil fired steam locomotive in operation for tourists. Also in their small yard there is a 1906 D&H wood sided gondola and a pair of Pennsy cabeese as pictured. The first looks like it may be a N8 like the brass TT model. I'll have to check that next time past, as long as they correctly stenciled it. The New Freedom station is also extant and rebuilt, great little café and train museum. It was also the subject of a wood craftsman kit in HO scale a few years back.
Attachments
PRR Cabeese.jpg
Sventton

Re: PRR Cabeese

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Those cabeese look nice, it almost makes me sad that we passed on moving to PA instead of GA.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Richard-B » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 am

It's an N8 caboose alright.. but it is mis-numbered into the N5C 477xxx series... which would have had porthole windows and no 'porch wings' on the platform sides. AFAIK... all the PRR N8s were 478xxx.

Why would they do such a nice restoration and then mess-up the number???

Ref:
PRR N8_diagram_prr-E445840B.jpg
PRR N8
---------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby Sventton » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:51 am

Good question, I'm sure some of the folks related to the museum operation are members of the PRR Technical & Historic Society. New Freedom by the way, was the top of the grade on the Pennsy's Northern Central route from Baltimore to Harrisburg.
Sventton

Return to Photos / Videos