Projekt: Bobina

Re: Projekt: Bobina

Postby gabbysuz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:08 am

Both of your projects look great ! Always inspires me to get modeling myself, maybe I'll get to work on my
shells I got from you too this weekend ! I do like the Tamiya paint very much, I use it on everything, from military kits
down to slotcars and TT models :thumbup:
gabbysuz

Postby scaro » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:12 am

CSD wrote:I am managing to get some of my projects done. The side frames for the T435 have been attached and I hope to have it running under its own power next week. The Pennsylvania bogies look rather smart.
P8040018.jpg
P8040019.jpg

Hmm, you mentioned the wheelbase being short on your adapted mechanism. How short is it?

Also the Tillig V100 has 19.2mm trucks I think. How long are the side frames? A bit longer - or are they designed to line up with the V100 trucks? They look particularly nice.

Cheers
Ben
scaro

Postby CSD » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:01 pm

scaro wrote:Hmm, you mentioned the wheelbase being short on your adapted mechanism. How short is it?

Also the Tillig V100 has 19.2mm trucks I think. How long are the side frames? A bit longer - or are they designed to line up with the V100 trucks? They look particularly nice.

Cheers
Ben

Sorry. To clarify: the T435 has a shorter bogie center to bogie center distance. The axle to axle spacing on the bogies is perfect and the side frames line up.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby CSD » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Laid on a little paint with the airbrush. I have found with the right pressure and nozzle settings the paint did not need to be thinned. This is the second of what will be a 5 colour paint scheme.
P8050003.jpg
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby CSD » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:55 pm

The edges of paint are a little rough, but they will be covered by some red pin striping. Roof and bogies need to be done in grey yet.
P8050002.jpg
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:59 pm

How do you plan on doing the couplers?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:14 am

ConducTTor wrote:How do you plan on doing the couplers?

The coupler will be mounted on a piece of strip brass that extends under and past the fronts for the loco. This will be attached to the bottom of the bogie. It won't be close coupled.

The pin striping is having the desired effect.
P8060003.jpg
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby scaro » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:47 am

CSD wrote:
Sorry. To clarify: the T435 has a shorter bogie center to bogie center distance. The axle to axle spacing on the bogies is perfect and the side frames line up.

Ah ok, it's this one, right?:

http://www.m-model.wz.cz/navody/hektor/img007.html

Looks good. I was confused because a DBV100 BR212 is 2200mm and a V75/BR107 is 2400mm, according to the handy database on the TT Board, anyway. Assume he's etched something able to do both. I'll order some as they'll be bang on right for the only Aussie one that used it (had 2285mm trucks).

http://www.comrails.com/pic_cd/cd_p1080090.html

Like a lot of Aussie diesels, it shows elements of both US and UK influence, but the trucks are pure American, a bit like the Budd RDC the unit is shunting (or should that be switching?).

Ben
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:29 am

It's looking good man. Now, what about windows? Strips of clear plastic I guess?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:16 am

scaro wrote:Ah ok, it's this one, right?...

Yup.

scaro wrote:Looks good. I was confused because a DBV100 BR212 is 2200mm and a V75/BR107 is 2400mm, according to the handy database on the TT Board, anyway. Assume he's etched something able to do both. I'll order some as they'll be bang on right for the only Aussie one that used it (had 2285mm trucks).

This I did not know. The etch was made for the V100 so he (and every other maker) must have adjusted the size to line up. Its not noticeable though.

ConducTTor wrote:It's looking good man. Now, what about windows? Strips of clear plastic I guess?

No. I've got a mold to use with clear casting resin to make the windows flush mount. They are not as nice as plastic due to bubbles, but I can live with it.
Mark
//S
CSD

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models