Programing issue

Programing issue

Postby jmass » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:59 pm

Any one know a method to find a locos address if not known. bought a loco and was not given the dcc address. sent a request but have not heard back. I have the dynamis system. the loco is dcc equipped.
jmass

Re: Programing issue

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:48 pm

Id read the manual for your system - Im not familiar with the Dynamis.

Sent using Tapatalk - now Free
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby dileTTante » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:26 pm

Just program in a new address whatever you like. The manual is available here
www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_cont ... manual.pdf
dileTTante

Postby jmass » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:00 am

Thanks for the info, but I have the manual and have programmed quite a few locos. I am getting absolutely no response from this loco which leads me to think it was damaged in shipping. tried a voltage test and got nothing.
jmass

Postby railtwister » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:36 am

It could just be a contact problem. Make sure all contact points are clean and making good physical connections, and also check for cold solder joints. I once had a brand new N scale loco with a factory installed decoder that had a similar problem. Taking the loco's shell off and reseating the decoder board fixed it.

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby MacG » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:36 pm

You can read out the address with Programming On Service Track.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby railtwister » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:51 pm

What programming mode is the Dynamis using? I think there are three possible modes, and the Dynamis May or may not be capable of using all three. Most decoders can be programmed in at least two modes, but if your system only has one, and the decoder only works with the other two, programming it won't work. Is the decoder DC (analog) enabled? Of course if the loco won't run on DC, it could be the DC is disabled or the decoder could be bad. Probably the best thing to do is open the loco up and see what's inside. It may be possible to do a reset to factory defaults once you know what the decoder is. I once bought a second hand HO loco equipped with a factory decoder that wouldn't respond, turns out the analog was disabled, and the loco had been reset to run in a multi-unit consist with an unknown address, even though DecoderPro showed both the two and four digit addresses for the loco. Resetting it back to it's factory default settings brought it back, and I was able to program in the correct address after that.

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Return to Electric / DCC