AstroGoat's HP Products Locomotive Restoration Work

Post your photos and video links here

Re: AngrySailor's HP Products Locomotive Restoration Work

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:03 pm

D Martin wrote:Hmmmmm..... What is going on here? The last post I see about loco restoration in this thread has a side view of a blue & silver steam engine. That is not a TT engine. It is an 027 gauge Marx #666, or possibly the plastic version, a 1666.
Oh well, it is still the same hobby and still constructive fun.

Dennis

That is a Marx 666. James has restored a few of them, and made enough on the sale of one restored engine to zero out the cost of the 4 others.

The TT fleet has grown a lot since the last post. Now up to 15 HP steamers, two DMU power units, and an E-7A/B. Aside from the 4-8-2, everything else has needed some find of work.
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:16 am

The collection of North American proto locomotives has jumped since the last post in this thread, to 34, including 21 steamers, 11 diesels, and 2 powered DMUs.

The most recent 0-4-0 that I bought has a major issue with it. The shell has some damage from what looks like a bad drop on it, and was "fixed" with putty and glue. It looks horrid, so I am thinking of designing a replacement shell of some kind. As one of the piston rods is badly bent, I am considering using the chassis (which does run nicely now) for a Vulcan type switcher or, if I can fix the piston rod, converting it to a different type of steamer, possibly a 4-4-0 or a 2-4-4 or 0-4-4 (such as Southern #1509).

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby railtwister » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:53 am

AngrySailor302 wrote:The most recent 0-4-0 that I bought has a major issue with it.

What loco is it? The only 0-4-0 in TT that I'm familiar with is the B&O Docksider type from either Lindsay or Kemtron. I think I have one somewhere that needs the worm, which seems to be an odd size. Was there also a die cast diesel 0-4-0 in TT?

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:51 pm

railtwister wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:The most recent 0-4-0 that I bought has a major issue with it.

What loco is it? The only 0-4-0 in TT that I'm familiar with is the B&O Docksider type from either Lindsay or Kemtron. I think I have one somewhere that needs the worm, which seems to be an odd size. Was there also a die cast diesel 0-4-0 in TT?

Bill in FtL

It is indeed the Docksider.
AstroGoat760

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Right now we are debating what to do with the 0-4-0 Docksider. I think the best idea would be to use the frame as the basis for a new locomotive, and use the shell as part of a static display, such as a roundhouse or locomotive work area.
CaTTwoman281

Re: AstroGoat's HP Products Locomotive Restoration Work

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:30 am

Wow, about 5 years since I posted last in this thread.

Here is the shell of a HP products E-7A that I am restoring. Aside from derailing cars directly behind it because of the overhang, this long loco can actually negotiate 310 mm radius curves when properly set up (the motor is directly in-line with the power truck, more on that in a later post).

I figured that something bright would be nice for the first Possum Central passenger diesel, so I went with International Orange and Dark Yellow.

This loco will likely end up with the roadnumber 1031, as tribute to the NCC-1031, USS Discovery.
IMG_1293.JPG
AstroGoat760

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:35 pm

I thought you were going to use two digit locos for switchers, three digits for passenger units, and four digits for freight/general service units.
CaTTwoman281

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:26 am

CaTTwoman281 wrote:I thought you were going to use two digit locos for switchers, three digits for passenger units, and four digits for freight/general service units.

I think that we will simply number locomotives as we see fit, and not use a "system" for that, for now.
AstroGoat760

Previous

Return to Photos / Videos