printed sides

printed sides

Postby jmass » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:18 am

does anyone have cutouts for the roof and floors of the printed sides that are seen on ebay? i bought some 50 foot printed sides and now need floors and roofs. i want to make resin cast molds to make it easer in the future.
jmass

Re: printed sides

Postby richardedmonds » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:54 pm

jmass wrote:does anyone have cutouts for the roof and floors of the printed sides that are seen on ebay? i bought some 50 foot printed sides and now need floors and roofs. i want to make resin cast molds to make it easer in the future.

Traditionally these sides were glued to a wooden box with cast ends supplied and generally low detail. Elmer from Possum Valley Models upgraded these somewhat and produces ends doors and roofs all in resin which are glued to the wooden box. I would ask him if he as any 50 foot carcasses for sale as his kits are the same except for resin sides as opposed to the printed ones
Hope this helps
richardedmonds

Re: printed sides

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:48 pm

I bought a number of those sides, and I find using roof panels made out of wood is not too hard, and matches the sides quite nicely. I have given producing car sides for our own roads a bit of thought as well.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade