POSSUM VALLEY MODELS

POSSUM VALLEY MODELS

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:18 am

I've been looking at Possum Valley's offerings and am thinking of giving one of their products a go. I'm particularly interested in the SW-1200 and the hopper kits. I would appreciate your thoughts of their products. Thanks homeys!
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: POSSUM VALLEY MODELS

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:31 am

I do not have the SW-1200 kit.....yet. I do have one of the hopper kits on the way. I will post photos when I get it.

The PVM 25T is a nice model that is an excellent introduction to working with resin kits. I liked the first one so much that I bought a second one. The hardest part of the second 25T kit is deciding on what color and decals to get for it. (I am thinking of making it into a US Navy switcher, go figure...)

Elmer is a great person to buy from and the kits he makes are top notch all the way.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby scaro » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:21 am

Good, well thought out kits. Some of the best urethane casting I've seen.

Ben
scaro

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:24 pm

I just got an e-mail from Elmer. He does not have the SW-1200 kits at this time, however they are available from Worsley Works, at least the shell only. One would have to build a frame for it. (Might be worth a shot to try sometime....)
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Dang it. I was looking for a turnkey solution. I have so many little things I'd like to get to that getting just a shell means it will sit in a box for god knows how long........

Anyway, I've asked Elmer for list of what he has available so wewillsee.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:13 pm

I do not know of anyone that makes RTR North American motive power anymore. Nothing that I have bought from Elmer is turn-key, everything is kits.
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:31 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:I do not know of anyone that makes RTR North American motive power anymore. Nothing that I have bought from Elmer is turn-key, everything is kits.

I meant turnkey as in all the parts (or at least the major ones) provided in the kit.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:37 pm

ConducTTor wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:I do not know of anyone that makes RTR North American motive power anymore. Nothing that I have bought from Elmer is turn-key, everything is kits.

I meant turnkey as in all the parts (or at least the major ones) provided in the kit.

Ah, ok that is a BIG difference.

From Wikipedia: "A turn-key or a turn-key project is a type of project that is constructed by a developer and sold or turned over to a buyer in a ready-to-use condition."

I think the phrase you are looking for is "Complete Kit, minus couplers, paint and decals".

I am actually considering getting the shell kit from Worsley Works. I should be able to build a chassis for it and power it.
That is an eventuality though, assuming that my medical problems get fixed.
AstroGoat760

Postby areibel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:21 pm

The SW1200 was originally designed for a Tillig power chassis, the T435 I think?
The PVM chassis kits were to make it a little easier on the guys here that were having problems finding one, I don't know if any of the newer Tillig chassis would work too. The PVM kits also let the shell sit a little lower on the chassis, so it looked a little better but the original in't too bad-
http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/Image-Pag ... iesel4.htm
areibel

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Ah yes, I see the electrical pickups from the BTTB 435 on the SW1200 from the above link. The 435s / 107s from BTTB are cheap and easy to come by but the motor / drive mechanism is lacking by today's standards so it would require a bunch of reworking. This shall require some thinking..........
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion