Possum Valley Models is closing

Possum Valley Models is closing

Postby emckay7067 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:34 pm

It is with regret that I must inform you that Possum Valley Models is closing, effective September 30, 2011.

Possum Valley Custom Casting will still be accepting some small uncomplicated orders of all types on a case by case basis.

The FA and FB shell kits will still be produced and sold as advance reservation items only until the molds are degraded. Those of you who have FA and FB shell kits on order now will receive those kits when casting is complete.

No new orders for any other products will be taken starting now.

The few of you who have orders pending will receive those orders subject to items being in stock. If other arrangements have been made for kits and products, those arrangements will be honored if at all possible.

The closing is being done due to several reasons.
The current molds are old. Many have reached their shelf life and are unusable. Others have been degraded due to the number of parts that have been cast from them and will not reproduce clean parts. Making new molds for just a few parts a year is impractical. A secondary reason is that time has come for me to move on so that I can take advantage of my retirement and participate in other activities.

There are very few kits (less than four) of any type on hand at the present time. These will be sold on eBay as time permits. Other loose parts will be packaged together and also sold on eBay. As these items are ready to be listed, I will make an announcement so if you want any of these items, you will be aware of it.

Thank You All for your business. Without you, PMV would not have been possible at all. I have enjoyed the challenge of making and producing TT scale products and providing them to you for your enjoyment of the hobby. But it is now time for me to move on. I will continue to monitor and operate TT_IMS for the good of the scale, and will continue participating in the various forums.

Most of my masters and molds will be turned over to the TT Scale Society in hopes that some kits will again be available, and help the Society grow. I will also consult with the Society as needed so the products can be made available again.

Elmer.
emckay7067

Re: Possum Valley Models is closing

Postby jmass » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:10 pm

Sorry to hear this Elmer, but certainly understand. ide like to thank you for your big part in keeping a great scale alive.enjoy whatever you persue in your retirment. joe
jmass

Postby Marquette » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 am

What I said on the list I'll say here, too:

PVM is probably the main reason I got into North American-prototype TT modelling, and that's what developed my interest in North American railways in general.

Without that, I wouldn't be here right now, and I wouldn't know, well, any of what little I know of North American railroading.

So - a huge thank you to you, Elmer.

I wish you a long and enjoyable retirement! :)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:07 am

:( Elmer, you're my hero. Seriously. You're castings are gorgeous and I'm sad there won't be new ones to look forward to. Enjoy retirement but don't forget to visit us once in a while :)

Cheers mate!

Alex
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby scaro » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:51 am

i join with others in wishing you the very best luck in retirement elmer, and thank you for having done so much to keep TT going.

benjamin
scaro

Postby Arseny » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:20 am

Sad news.

I want to say thank you for all you've done for the TT and wish you good luck in future!
Arseny

Return to General Discussion