Possum Valley 25T Plymouth

Re: Possum Valley 25T Plymouth

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 pm

Dammit, I am breaking that camera....
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup. Great. Pic.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:22 pm

The retarded thing does not have manual focus, and the auto-focus acts up indoors, so I am pissed at that camera.

Step One - Find a suitable replacement camera
Step Two - Make sure all photos are off old camera
Step Three - Smash old camera with a mallet
Step Four - Soak camera remains in lighter fluid
Step Five - Camera BBQ!
AstroGoat760

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:31 pm

Here is a photo of the almost finished PVM 25T loco, complete with Kadee #713 couplers.

The conversion to allow for the #713 couplers to fit was a little tedious, but feasible.

The bell is to be attached to the front of the hood, once it gets found....
A little paint and application of decals are all that is left.
AstroGoat760

Postby CSD » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Looks good! Keep the pictures coming. Are you planning to put glazing in the windows? Does this model come with decals or have you ordered some separately?
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:27 pm

I have no intention of adding window glazing, as I have never had good experiences with the glazing compounds and working right.

As far as decals, you are basically on your own for those, but I intend on using one of those decal making kits that I have that uses a standard printer to make the decal in the same fashion as a picture.

But, to avoid wasting that paper, I am waiting on the decision as to what color the Possum Central will use for passenger steam locomotives, among other things, so I will fill the sheet up with different decals before I actually print them up.

(The selection of Go Mango Orange was based on using black ink for the decals and to keep the shunter looking different than the other one posted here, in the event that they are ever run together, although I do not know what type of coupler was used on the other 25T posted here. The frame and shell was designed to use Micro-Trains N couplers, and as I use Kadee #413/714s, I had to modify the shell some to fit the draft box.

That is also another reason I do not want to add glazing, after the hard time I had with the design and fit of my modifcations initially, I do not want to take the "lil' Bastard" apart again any time soon, although Nicholle has expressed interest in getting a second 25T.
AstroGoat760

Postby CSD » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:59 am

Thanks for the info. I was considering some of that glazing compound myself. I might yet try it but at least I won't get my hopes up. Let me know how your decals turn out. I bought some of the same stuff and then was able to order the exact decals I needed so I have not used it yet.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:36 pm

I have used the decal maker before, but as the engine that it was applied to was given to an old friend back when I was stationed in Charleston, SC (the good old days...) and have since lost contact with him, I do not know if the decals, or the engine even, is still around, a mid 1950's Marx 0-4-0 #490 that was my second restoration project ever, aside from not having to repair the running board, is about the same as my first restoration, another Marx 0-4-0 #490, which was made into a gloss teal color.

The sideboard above the chassis has been painted up now, and is a solid black from front to back, and the little section of silver under the coupler is now black.

Now it is just decal time... (and still trying to find where that damned bell went to.)
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:46 pm

Can you guys give a little info (like a link) on the decal maker? I am interested in one but have no idea where to start.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:55 pm

There is decal paper available that you can use in any ink jet or laser printer with white or clear backround(I got mine at the local hobby shop). Be careful that you buy the right kind for your printer. The other thing is that you have to seal the decal with clear finish before dipping it in water or the colour will run. I have not tried it out yet, but have seen some nice ones on other models. I think the kind I have comes from Testors.
Mark
//S
CSD

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models