PluX12 DCC decoders for Tillig BR218?

PluX12 DCC decoders for Tillig BR218?

Postby ees1bk » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:26 am

I've just received a Tillig DBAG BR218 loco which features a PluX12 decoder socket.

My initial researches have failed to find any suitable decoders - what are other people using and where did you get them from?

Cheers.

Regards, Bevis.
ees1bk

Re: PluX12 DCC decoders for Tillig BR218?

Postby CSD » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Well, if you get really stuck, you can plug in a 6 pin decoder and it will work fine. The 12 pin is a bit of a funny animal. It seems to me that Tillig was a bit quick to go with the 12 as others seen to be going with 16 or 18. I was able to get a couple from CTelectronik (www.tran.at) in Austria. The model number is DC X51-P12.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Search for the BR 189 on this board. It uses the same Plux 12 plug and there should be something in there about a decoder. I believe it's in the Tillig model library.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Dibbedabb » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Hey guys,

the class 189 board is different from the ones in later PluX12 versions. And it's not fully compliant to the rule.

Besides that:
Lenz offers the Silver Mini+ PluX12. It's ok, features all functions of Tillig's locos (at least for the board version without a switch between 6pin- and PluX12 decoder. The loco starts with a hitch, and you can clearly see the speed steps when gearing up.
Tams offers the LD-G-31 in a PluX12 version. I can't tell you anything about that, but heard about a bad service with Tams. The PluX12 decoder Tillig offers is - as far as I know - a Tams product.
Since I'm also trying different decoders at the moment I also ordered a CTelectronic DCX51-P12. I sent it back, because it didn't work like all other decoders, starting with a phenomenon that you could program a long 4digit address, but the decoder didn't automatically accept the bit 5 in CV 29 (switching on the long address). ALL other decoders (even the old Kuehn N025-P) did that. Than you have to set shunting mode and ABC braking together in one CV, causing curious behaviour. For example with ABC braking set on, the loco doesn't move a millimeter. When shunting mode is switched on, it moves... CT "offers" the same service like Tams does - clearly none.
If it is on me, I will try the Zimo MX622 that is about to be released soon. Zimo says they hope for the first quarter 2012. And it will be released in a PluX12 version, too. I have a MX621 in a Kuehn loco, and it's absolutely no comparison to the Lenz decoder. Incredibly smooth start, no visible stepping up. Just a dream.
ESU also offers PluX12 decoders, but not directly attached to the board, but on a wire. They have the LokSound V4.0, LokSound micro V4.0 and LokPilot V4.0 (but not LokPilot micro V4.0). I have a LokPilot micro V4.0 6pin, and it's good. Better than the Lenz, but not as smooth as the Zimo. It already includes RailComPlus, while the others only offer RailCom and can be updated to RailComPlus.
Dibbedabb

Postby Dibbedabb » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Now here's an update about the Zimo decoders. The PluX12 version is not the MX622, but MX623. The MX623P12 is the smallest PluX12 decoder on the market, not brider than the socket itself. It perfectly fits into the class 189. With the decoder switch set to 6pin / analogue you can switch headlights and switch off backlights separately. The full beam is not accessible.
With the decoder switch set to PluX12 there is no useful result.

In the 186 you can switch headlights and switch off backlights. And you can switch on full beam. With the headlights off you can use F1 and F2 to switch on the red backlights.

The driving features are as always with Zimo really good.
Dibbedabb

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks for the info. I just bought the Tillig Plux12 decoder for the BR 189 and it arrived two days ago. I'll post feedback when I get it installed.

As far as the Zimos go, I've never heard anything bad about them. I don't have any personal experience though.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Question (I don't read German): when installing the Plux12 in the BR 189, does the dcc switch stay in the default position or does it need to change?
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Dibbedabb » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:12 pm

If you bought the Tillig 66016 decoder meant for Class 189, then you have to switch to PluX12 mode. With any other PluX12 decoder (including Tillig 66018 Lenz Silver PluX12) you have to leave the switch in the default position.
Dibbedabb

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:10 pm

ok thx.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Decode is installed in the BR 189. I also have a BR 118 with the same decoder. It works fine, is pretty quiet and smooth but - I really don't like the lighting functions. Maybe these can be reprogrammed - I hope so.

If I turn the lights on, I can then turn either the fronts or rears off. So far so good. The problem is, let's say I turn the rears off. When I change the direction of travel, (the rears are now the fronts) I have no light in the front and the rears are on. I can manually turn the rears off and the fronts on.

So, you're basically not turning on/off fronts and rears. You're turning on/off either this end of the loco or the other. Very annoying.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to Electric / DCC