Piko Hercules BR 223 Arriva-Alex model 47585

Piko Hercules BR 223 Arriva-Alex model 47585

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Piko's version of the Hercules (Kuehn also makes a model) in Arriva - Alex paint comes in a clear plastic box.

Different paint scheme on each side.

Bo Bo wheel arrangement with two traction tires. Electrical pickup is from all wheels. 22mm between bogie axles, 85mm between bogie centers.

Directional lights - 3 forward only. Tail lights are painted red.

Comes equiped with BTTB style couplers; easily replaceable with newer Tillig couplers.

Good manual written in several languages including English. Detailed parts/assembly diagrams.

Does not appear to have provisions for DCC so it's a custom affair.

Detail not up to Tillig / Kuehn standards but given the price that's to be expected.

Smooth driving but a bit noisier than a Tillig and much noisier than a Kuehn or Mehano (these two manufacturers have the quietest locomotives from my experience).

Overall a good buy for the price.

Includes an engineer in the cab that looks like a body builder dressed in black latex :lol:

Piko_BR223_Arriva_Alex_box.jpg

Piko_BR223_Arriva_Alex_side_alex.jpg

Piko_BR223_Arriva_Alex_side_arriva.jpg

Piko_BR223_Arriva_Alex_front.jpg

Piko_BR223_Arriva_Alex_top.jpg

Piko_BR223_Arriva_Alex_detail_1.jpg

Piko_BR223_Arriva_Alex_detail_2.jpg
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Piko Hercules BR 223 Arriva-Alex model 47585

Postby scaro » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:43 am

ConducTTor wrote:Includes an engineer in the cab that looks like a body builder dressed in black latex :lol:

Well . . . this is Germany, after all.

He probably just came on shift after a wild Saturday night.

B.
scaro

Postby ees1bk » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Two more liveries of the Piko Hercules Loco:

See http://www.ttnut.com/piko-46040-coulping-adaptor-for-tillig-close-couplings-t1150.html for a discussion of Piko 46040 Coulping Adaptor for Tillig Close Couplings on these locos.

Regards, Bevis.
ees1bk

Postby scaro » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:26 am

i'm considering picking up one of these for an FP7. as I understand it, they are a scale 34' between truck centres, trucks 22.2mm wheelbase, is that correct?

wondering what the plastic axle diameter is, as it would need NWSL code 88 wheels.

i am told the axle is 2mm diameter, can anyone please confirm? this is critical to giving this thing some decent wheels. locos that sit too high just look naff to me, having grown up with early N gauge horrors tottering around on 48" wheels.

also the width of the chassis? an FP7 is about 9'10" wide and some of these euro electrics can be rather wide themselves. I don't like phatt locomotives.

cheers, ben
scaro

Return to Piko TT Scale Models