PIKO BR151

PIKO BR151

Postby scaro » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:44 am

Hi

I’m wondering if anyone has one of the new Piko BR151s:

http://www.reynaulds.com/products/Piko/47200.aspx

. . . and if he (or she) could be kind enough to get the calipers and tell me what the distance is:

- between the truck centres

- bogie wheelbase, ie, from first axle of the bogie to centre axle to rear axle

- and the wheel diameter over the tread (not the flange).

Measurements either in 'English units' or that newfangled system come up with by the cheese-eating surrender monkeys, what's it's, that's right . . . metric are all acceptable ;)

Many thanks in advance.

Ben
scaro

Re: PIKO BR151

Postby Christtking » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:40 pm

These models are very hard to get. They are not available on the German market in some stores at the moment, they were only advertised. Since these models are manufactured in China everything got delayed. What I mean by manufactured is that: the shell, spare parts, bogie covers, window inserts, buffers, etc are moulded in China. The wheels, panthographs, gears, CNC frame, electronics, circuit boards, motors, etc are all assembled in Sonneberg. Since everything was delayed from China, the company started to assemble only the RAILION DB LOGISTICS traffic red version (art. # 47200) and the olive green/black version(art. # 47201). The other version of ivory/ turkish blue (art. #47202) was released in June of 2012, limited quantities and art. # 47203 in chinese (or orient) red it said to be released sometimes this year.
Here are some dimensions I took off my models (I apologise in advance if I'm off by a few mm). Centre axle (bogie # 1) to centre axle (bogie # 2 = 73.30 mm, from centre of 1st axle to center of second (centre) axle = 20.30 mm, from centre axle to centre of 3rd axle = 16.70 mm, from centre of 1st to 3rd = 37.00 mm on the same bogie. Outer diameter of the wheel with the flange = 12.35 mm, without flange = 10.40 mm. Hope you find this helpfull!
Last edited by Christtking on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Sorry "outer"= outside
Last edited by Christtking on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christtking

Postby scaro » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:09 pm

thanks for your help. i did get hold of one in the end, and a couple of spare trucks which were not cheap!

cheers, ben
scaro

Postby Christtking » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 pm

That's where they (manufacturers) get us!
Christtking

Return to Prototypes / Models