Piedmont & Northern decals

Piedmont & Northern decals

Postby scaro » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:18 pm

There is a chance for Piedmont & Northern decals for their 1100 series cars, should anyone be interested. Contact me offlist or on my email address which some of you know.

Ben
scaro

Re: Piedmont & Northern decals

Postby j p » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:33 am

Hello Ben

Have you got Vulcan ends for those cars? I have many different ends, but not Vulcan. :think:

Jan
j p

Postby MacG » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:56 am

Do you mean this car:

I found it here.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby scaro » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:37 pm

Yes, MacG, it is that car. A very cool looking vehicle, I think.

jp, no Vulcan ends but I'd consider making them ... once I make my 7/7 end master for the IC car.
scaro

Postby Richard-B » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:16 pm

...and of course we'll need the 4-panel Hutchins ends for car #1102 and similar:
P&N-1102 X-wood-sUF_ AndersonSC-Apr1959_eb~.jpg
P&N 1102 - 4-panel Hutchins end
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby Marquette » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:29 pm

You know 7 years ago I would have been *all* over this?

For anyone picky about such things, this scheme came about after 1957 when the 1100 series cars were rebuilt. And, nominally they were for on-line use only (although fully lettered as required for interchanged cars, as they were moved between the NC and SC divisions by Seaboard Air Line), they *did* occasionally venture further afield; I have a photo of one (in an earlier scheme) taken on the Durham & Southern on the opposite side of NC.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby scaro » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:35 am

It's true offline use was somewhat limited, though by definition P&N cars had to go offline to get between the two bits of the system.

I found a few examples quoted and I like the car type and the scheme enough ... the decals would be from Rail Graphics so they'd be nice. I will take the plunge and get them, so there are 25 sets. Evidently I will need only a couple so the others are for sale or swap with decals any of you have printed. Remember I had CGW boxcar sets done too.

This area had interesting stock especially Georgia & Florida and ACL subsidiaries. According to the Sunshine pdfs, the Charleston & West Carolina had 36' double sheathed cars and ventilated cars into the 60s. The Columbia, Newberry & Laurens had oft photographed USRA 'clone' single sheathed cars, notable because they lasted in original condition quite late ... another car I'd like to see if I can get decals for.
scaro

Postby railtwister » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:18 pm

Wow! I just noticed, Andrews and T-section Bettendorf trucks plus ribbed-back wheels, even after rebuilding in '57 & '59. Pretty cool...

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Return to Prototypes / Models