Photos from Inman Yard in Atlanta

Post your photos and video links here

Photos from Inman Yard in Atlanta

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:31 pm

I spent an hour or so at the yard today snapping pictures.

What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Photos from Inman Yard in Atlanta

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:32 pm

I was lucky to have the CSX guys let me drive into their area and take a few pictures of the turntable there :thumbup:

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:07 pm

[quote="ConducTTor"]I was lucky to have the CSX guys let me drive into their area and take a few pictures of the turntable there :thumbup:

It almost sounds like CSX trying to sprout a soul after all these years.

All told, a great bunch of photos, aside from the CSX locos.

My wife and I do not like CSX, actually CSX is the only railroad that I will not collect anything from. Well, we do have a dummy HO scale CSX engine with a few cars that are in a wreck scene on our HO scale layout.

Again, great photos.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby jmass » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:21 pm

makes ya wish someone would come up with a acf three bay covered hopper and a tank car. great pictures!
jmass

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:It almost sounds like CSX trying to sprout a soul after all these years.

I had no idea what to expect. I memorized how to get to the turntable after looking at a satellite photo and when I got to the yard just headed for it. Went through the 'no trespassing' sign and came up on CSX security truck. When I asked the guy if it's cool to take some photos he gave me a number to call. The guy on the other end of the line just said "I have no problem with it". Later I ran into a rail fan hanging out at one of the bridges over the yard and he was very surprised they had let me in. Right place at the right time I guess :D
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Well, I have had some rather rough encounters with CSX over the last decade, most of which were very negative.

Our 8 3/4" gauge 4-4-0 locomotive "Cheyenne" - after a cat that I had that adored trains, had to get it's paint job redone because of CSX.

The original plan was to paint the engine and tender to look somewhat like the ex-Reading 2101 used for the Chessie Steam Special. The engine was completed, and prep work on the tender when I got a cease and desist letter from CSX. I had sent them a letter asking for permission to paint the loco after the Chessie Steam Special, which they granted. After Nicholle posted a photo of the completed engine as well as a design sketch of the completed loco, they changed their minds. They ordered the engine to be stripped and done in a non-CSX afilliated paint job and all photos of the project destroyed, as apparently just asking permission was not enough, they wanted a lump of cash up front, which I could not afford, as they assume that all large scale trains are for amusement parks and therefore I am making money off of it.

There was a few issues with CSX telling me that I could not take photos from public parks and such.

Hence why I do not like CSX anymore.
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Damn, what a bunch of a-holes :evil:
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:04 pm

One such incident occured while I was stationed in Charleston, SC. While we (my wife and I) were on our bikes on one of our bike rides out to local car dealerships to look into replacing the 1991 "Pontiac" Le Mans (Lemons), we were at a public park overlooking the tracks.

There were a number of Chessie System (My wife's favourite, and my second favourite railroad) cars and cabooses in the trains passing by, so we pulled out our cameras and proceeded to take pictures, while we were enjoying very large strawberry shakes from a nearby ice cream store.

While we were waiting for the next train, some CSX workers came up and told us to leave, and ordered us to turn over our cameras, to which my wife refused to turn over her $500 Nikon to them. When they tried to yank the camera away from her, I called the police, who came out and told the CSX jerks (a little redundant, as CSX means jerk, so CSX jerks = jerk jerks) that we were on public property, and had every right to take pictures. When the CSX asshats (jerk asshats) tried to claim that my wife and I were terrorists, I pulled out my military ID card, which shut them up.

In the entire scuffle when my wife was trying to save her camera, the back door latch to the camera was broken, and she ended up with a few cuts from the pins attached to her camera's strap being yanked.

CSX refused to apologize, and would not re-emburse my wife for the cost of getting her camera fixed. (About $30 for shipping, as her uncle fixes cameras for a living and did the work for free.)

All the photographs on her camera were lost, but the ones on mine survived, when I get them scanned into the computer (and sized), I will post them here.
AstroGoat760

Postby 1 tt guy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Christ, CSX sounds like the damn Gestapo.
1 tt guy

Postby jmass » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:16 pm

hummm, mabey ill sell all my HO csx stuff.
jmass

Next

Return to Photos / Videos