Paper buildings

Re: Paper buildings

Postby railtwister » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:53 am

gerhard_k wrote:Another site with re-scalable (originals in British OO scale) buildings to print out, mostly houses, many look quite suitable for US prototypes - http://modelrailroadlayoutsandscenery.c ... enery.html - each is $10, but cheaper in groups. And there's a note that all 24 are on sale as a bundle until midnight tonight for $75, seems like quite a deal if you need a bunch.
- Gerhard

I think $10 each just for the downloadable file is over the top price-wise, especially when compared to a plastic or laser cut kit of similar size. If they were offered as a complete pre-cut kit printed on heavy card stock, $10 would still be a bit high. "Free for Downloading" is a good price for a paper kit when you consider that you will have to scratch build a sub-structure if you want it to stand up the humidity and not warp.

Bill in FtL

Postby LVG1 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:46 pm

railtwister wrote:"Free for Downloading" is a good price for a paper kit...

There's but a little work to do to create these kits. And work is always worth payment.
So "free" is not a good price for those offering it.
If that's what you expect, you'll make it unattractive to do the work of creating something like that.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!

Postby TTTerrific » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks for this posting with link, Gerhard. I saved this site as a "favorite" until I can get around to the point where I'll be building some structures. Right now I'm up to my eye-balls in trying to expand my TT rolling stock fleet. Check the video on this site. It's not really that good quality-wise, but the models shown are first rate! The price is fair.

Return to General Discussion