Odegard Mikado 2-8-2 scratchbuilding project underway

This sub forum is meant to be a model library. Feel free to add any information / pictures and your own reviews on models. If a topic on your model already exists, please add to it. Otherwise, start a new one.

Re: Odegard Mikado 2-8-2 scratchbuilding project underway

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:12 pm

ConnRiver wrote:Baby steps, narrow focus.

That's key to getting anything done :thumbup:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Odegard Mikado 2-8-2 scratchbuilding project underway

Postby ConnRiver » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Richard-B wrote:

Brian it IS good to hear from you... Set yourself up for success in ANY scale...
and to mangle the quote: "if you build it in TT... the few of us will come!"

All the Best...

Richard, you know I always listen closely to you, after all I think of you as a guru.

AngrySailor302 wrote:I know the feeling. It seems that wheels are the biggest thing that stands in the way of producing more TT locomotives, in particular Steam locomotives. It is good to hear from you.

Angry, thank you. At the SherlineCNC group, the topic of wheel cutting has continued to advance; when able, time-wise, I think I can set up a wheel cutting operation for a reasonable expense, since I already have the equipment. At the least, such a Sherline set up could be a stand-in method for awhile. Steam locomotive wheels would require a separate procedure, but is doable, too. But, I keep telling myself, one thing at a time, one thing at a time, one thing. . . .

The old bull and the young bull stood on a hill, overlooking a lush valley where many females grazed. Excitedly, the young bull said, "Let's run down there and dance with one!" The old bull, sage in his years, said, "Son, let's walk down there and dance with them all."

I'm learning that steady progress, even though slow, is best.

ConducTTor wrote:

That's key to getting anything done :thumbup:

Hey, Alex, a thumbs up to you, too, for a fun and effective time at the national. Spread the TT message!
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver

Previous

Return to TT Scale Models