North American TT locos

Re: North American TT locos

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:13 am

oldtrainguy wrote:That remined me of the 'Canadian' Borg quote:

We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en français, veuillez appuyer sur 2.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
User avatar
ConducTTor
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8293
Images: 13
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:52 pm
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: North American TT locos

Postby Richard-B » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:12 pm

...and to be MORE specific about lands South of the Border (Canadian)...
You can always say "United States"...
which of course limits it to the United States of America... as well as Mexico (Estados Unidos Mexicanos)
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
User avatar
Richard-B
 
Posts: 841
Images: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: San Leandro, CA

Re: North American TT locos

Postby Marquette » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:13 pm

LVG1 wrote:I mean (North) American.

Marquette wrote:That's like saying "French" when you mean "German" or "European".

This analogy sounds quite a bit strange. Are you sure that it fits?

The term "American" describes a "resident of the American continent".


Yes, it fits quite well, considering that citizens of the US generally refer to themselves simply as "Americans", and that word is generally *not* interpreted here as referring to an "American continent", since there are two of those, and to make a continental reference, "North American" or "South American" is specified.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
User avatar
Marquette
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: North American TT locos

Postby Tom Dempsey » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Ya know, I don't wanna' be spreadin' no rumors, ...but 'dem Canucks drink there beer warm too. An dat's downright HunAmerikin!
Tom Dempsey
 
Posts: 245
Images: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: North American TT locos

Postby CSD » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:04 pm

WESA wrote:I would like to know if the Sazmodel SW 1200 is still available. I thing the Sazmodel closed. Anyone took it over? :?:


If you like, I have some left. Send me a PM or email infosazmodel@gmail.com. Ignore the out of business message. I still check it from time to time.

LVG1 wrote:... Sazmodel only was the best known American distributor.


I think I deserve a bit more credit than that. Without the tens of thousands of dollars in capital I invested, there would be no SW1200 to speak of.
Mark
//S
User avatar
CSD
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:31 pm
Location: St. Albert, Alberta, Canada

Re: North American TT locos

Postby sacto-tt » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Mark, I doubt most people will ever fully understand the amount of risk and effort you put forth on our behalf. :thumbup: :clap:

My 4 sw1200s will travel the rails in your honor...
-Joe-
sacto-tt
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:23 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA USA

Re: North American TT locos

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:34 pm

Mark (Sazmodel) is responsible for the model's existence. It's really that simple.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
User avatar
ConducTTor
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8293
Images: 13
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:52 pm
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: North American TT locos

Postby Richard-B » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:43 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Mark (Sazmodel) is responsible for the model's existence. It's really that simple.
What he said...

Mark 'walked the talk' that enabled North American TT Scale to be what it is today. <Period:Full Stop>
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
User avatar
Richard-B
 
Posts: 841
Images: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: San Leandro, CA

Re: North American TT locos

Postby LVG1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:35 am

Marquette wrote:
LVG1 wrote:I mean (North) American.

Marquette wrote:That's like saying "French" when you mean "German" or "European".

This analogy sounds quite a bit strange. Are you sure that it fits?

The term "American" describes a "resident of the American continent".


Yes, it fits quite well, considering that citizens of the US generally refer to themselves simply as "Americans", and that word is generally *not* interpreted here as referring to an "American continent", since there are two of those, and to make a continental reference, "North American" or "South American" is specified.

Actually, I referred to this difference between the lingual statement and the practical use of the term "American".
But Alex deleted this sentence because it could be interpreted like an offense against US-Americans. I have to confess that my sometimes provocative phrasing does not fit everyones taste. (Some people credit my zodiac sign with that—Scorpio.)

I'ld rather think, your analogy does not fit because the term "French" does not lingually refer to an entire continent.

CSD wrote:
LVG1 wrote:... Sazmodel only was the best known American distributor.


I think I deserve a bit more credit than that. Without the tens of thousands of dollars in capital I invested, there would be no SW1200 to speak of.

Sorry, I didn't want to tread on your toes.
I don't know all the backgrounds of the model coming to be.

I simply tried to express that MTB is the manufacturer, so the availability does not depent on you alone.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
User avatar
LVG1
 
Posts: 864
Images: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:01 am
Location: Guben / Gubin; Germany? Poland?—No, Lusatia!

Re: North American TT locos

Postby Marquette » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:13 pm

LVG1 wrote:I'ld rather think, your analogy does not fit because the term "French" does not lingually refer to an entire continent.


In general English usage, neither does "American".

LVG1 wrote:I simply tried to express that MTB is the manufacturer, so the availability does not depent on you alone.


Except for the fact that if not for Mark, MTB would not have produced the model.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
User avatar
Marquette
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron