Norkin Model News!

Norkin Model News!

Postby areibel » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:26 pm

I got an email from Andrey today, the etch is ready to go!
http://www.norkin-model.ru/forum/index. ... 58#msg1058
I'm still waiting to hear the final price, but it looks like the SD is a reality!
More info when I get it
areibel

Re: Norkin Model News!

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Sweet! Right under the post in the link someone asks for the price and then Norkin responds 55 Euro. That's about $75.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Norkin-model » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:20 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Sweet! Right under the post in the link someone asks for the price and then Norkin responds 55 Euro. That's about $75.

You 'r right - meeeeen! :dance:
Hope that shipping won't bury an interest and the result of our work with you about this model.

May be I’ve missed some info about US decals - did you gat any result? My decals aren’t ready due to a problems of a printing company. But I did only UP version – so it won't be a problem to other tters.
Norkin-model.ru - Brass models of a railroads
Norkin-model

Postby Arseny » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:32 pm

This "someone" man was I. :)
But I am waiting for ready-to-run model...
Arseny

Postby scaro » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:08 pm

wow. great work there arseny.
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Al, it seems that you're the "U.S. distributor" - if you can post some ordering details that would be great. Ie, price, where/how to pay, shipping time(?), etc.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi Guys,
I'd like all the payments to go directly to Andrey, if we can figure out the best way to do it. I was told that Paypal isn't available in Russia? That would be the best route if it's possible. I've never done a international bank transfer, I'm not sure how much of a PITA it would be or how much it would add to the cost. And I can't find the information on Paypal's site, Russia isn't listed in the main "send Money" page, but they are listed in the Paypal Worldwide page. It doesn't look like they're eligible for an account but you might be able to send money there? I've been tryign to find more info, I need to keep digging. Unless one of the Russian members here can answer ?
And it looks like the shipping will add around 10-12 Euros to the price. That would include shipping the etches from Andrey to me and me repacking them and sending them out.
areibel

Postby Arseny » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:20 am

PayPal is available in Russia. But - as I know - only to send payments, not to receive payments.
I have the PayPal account. I can pay for something, on ebay for example.
But I cant't receive any payments.

You must ask Andrey. For Russian companies there is a hard work to receive an international payment. :evil:
If you have a business in Russia, you must process some more documents if you receive an international payment. Of course, it's possible, but you must visit bank especially every time when you receive such a payment.

Maybe it would be better to pay Andrey as a private person? For example, via any money transfer system, such as Western Union, or Contact! (www.contact-sys.com) or something else. Or maybe "personal" money transfer on Visa card ?
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:47 am

areibel wrote:I've never done a international bank transfer, I'm not sure how much of a PITA it would be or how much it would add to the cost.

It is a PITA because the bank employees that have to do it for you likely have never done one before. Trust me I've been through this. Also, the cost is close to $50.

Overall, not a good way to do things.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby richardedmonds » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:47 pm

Now that is the worst frustration ever, knowing there is a kit somewhere that is impossible to get hold of. I remember the days before paypal, and that was horrific for me. Everything paid for in Dollar bills posted between bits of card is not to be encouraged now especially as customs opens up a lot of mail due to terrorist threats. Maybe the SD is not to be! I do hope not
richardedmonds

Next

Return to Prototypes / Models