No phone for Euro Train Hobby on their website?

No phone for Euro Train Hobby on their website?

Postby railtwister » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:26 pm

It seems odd, and maybe I just missed it, but I can't seem to find a contact phone number anywhere on the Euro Train Hobby website, even though there are other references on the site to "call" them for information, RMA's, etc. There is an email listed, but I tried that last week and still haven't gotten any response back. I did a Google search for Euro Train Hobby and found a couple of phone numbers there, located in different cities in NJ, and all were "unpublished" numbers, so there was no information on the name of the phone's owners. Of the two addresses given on those sites, Google Maps revealed that one was clearly a residence, while the other looked to be in a small business strip center, but was listed as "Frank's Italian Ices", not Euro Hobby. Does anyone in this group have a currently active phone number known to be for George at "Euro Train Hobby"? If for some reason you don't want to publicly post it here, you may email it to me at: wrangler at gate dot net.

Thanks,
Bill
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA
railtwister

Re: No phone for Euro Train Hobby on their website?

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:38 pm

I have a number but I'd rather not share it because it may be George's personal cell or something. I'm surprised there isn't a phone# listed. Give it a few more days - if you get no response let me know and I'll call him.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby BTTB Fan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Bottom of the main page says:
1002 South Orange Avenue, Short Hills, New Jersey 07078, USA
Tel: (973)467-0421 Fax: (973)467-8113
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:36 pm

BTTB Fan wrote:Bottom of the main page says:

Doh! :wall:
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby jmass » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:00 pm

the phone number is his buisness/ residence as he works out of his house. if you should call him ask him when he plans on ordering new stock as it seems to have dwindled down to next to nothing.
jmass

Postby railtwister » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:17 pm

BTTB Fan wrote:Bottom of the main page says:

Thanks Guys,

For some reason the link to his site that I was using (from Google) didn't take me to the home page like I had thought, instead it took me to an address ending in "/conditions.php", and that page did not have the needed information. Once I deleted the "/conditions.php", the correct page came up and I was able to see the info. Strange that the address & phone info shows up on only the home page, and not all of the other pages I looked at (several times) before posting this request...

Bill
railtwister

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:07 pm

jmass wrote: stock ..... seems to have dwindled down to next to nothing.

I think he's trying to sell what he's got first. The tt sale has been on for a while and it's the first time I've seen a sale since I found his site several years ago. There are plenty of electric locos (7 ~ 9?) and the sleeper cars from LS Models (sold by Tillig) are freaking fantastic - I bought a set that I need to add to the library one of these days..........
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby railtwister » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:05 pm

I got an email reply from George early this morning that contained his phone number, so I'll be calling him as soon as I can decide on exactly what track piecess I need. He said the turn around time for orders is 2-3 months, which I find disappointing for a staple item such as track. With or without promotion using modules at shows, it will be hard to grow TT if a newcomer has to wait so long for just a piece of track. It's like the chicken-egg dilemma, without the existing sales to support maintaining track in inventory, can he afford to keep it in stock to support future sales? I think if there's any single category that needs to be in continual inventory for any scale, it's tracks.

Bill
railtwister

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Unfortunately that's way it is. Rome wasn't built in a day but hopefully it won't take as long to build TT.....
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby dileTTante » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:34 pm

Well, I want to get some of that track, too, but I don't think my order will do much to keep him afloat. And I point out that you (Bill) had to persuade some of us to use the bedding track rather than the flex, etc so the number of people using TT bedding track in N. America has got to be smaller than the already small number modelling in TT. Even if module fever strikes TT scalers, there's plenty of time to stock up before the tsunami of demand hits. How do you like them metaphors?
-Terry
dileTTante

Next

Return to General Discussion