NMRA 2017 Orlando

Re: NMRA 2017 Orlando

Postby modorney » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:12 pm

For 2018, the NMRA show and the Oshkosh air show are a week apart. It's 9 hours driving from KC to Oshkosh. Anybody want to do both?
modorney

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:
ConducTTor wrote::(

Would still like to show but with no FIRM support for the display at the show, there is no point in making the Long, Expensive journey just to have to do everything myself.

Yep totally understood.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby railtwister » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:29 am

ConducTTor wrote:
Bill Dixon wrote:
ConducTTor wrote::(

Would still like to show but with no FIRM support for the display at the show, there is no point in making the Long, Expensive journey just to have to do everything myself.

Yep totally understood.

Obviously, bringing modules along would mean a very long drive (both ways). Living in Ft. Lauderdale (only about 250 miles) I am hoping to be there with my HO group, so I can't offer much in the way of time to help with your display. We were at Atlanta a couple of years ago, but I have been less active with the group since, because it's a 55 mile drive each way for me just to get to their set ups. I know Atlanta is the greatest distance we have travelled with our layout, a trip to the Pacific NW with them would be totally out of the question.

I still have my four TT-Tracks corners and four half-meter straights (with tracks but no scenery, made with doorskin plywood), that have yet to see a train on them. They got put on the back burner a couple of years ago, and have been languishing there ever since, so I guess they'll remain there a while longer.

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Previous

Return to Events