NMRA 2017 Orlando

Re: NMRA 2017 Orlando

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:36 pm

I'll do my best to be there with rolling stock and modules. But due to some health related things and a potential house move, I can not be definite. I'll update my status as it makes sense.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Richard-B » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:10 am

The NTS days are a 'dashed' line on the new 2017 wall calendar I put up yesterday...
---------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby dileTTante » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:34 am

This is from the train station in Winnipeg, as I'm on the way back from a month in Ohio. Orlando holds no attraction for me, but I feel it's important to have a TT display there. No option for me except flying. If I go I can take a few trains and the Z21 power, and I can be at the show from start to finish.

I was given the application form in Indianapolis, so I'll offer to handle registration.

I'll stop at Central Hobbies, probably Tuesday 24th to talk it over with Bill.

-Terry C
dileTTante

Postby ConnRiver » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:26 am

dileTTante wrote:Orlando holds no attraction for me. . . . -Terry C

(Shudder) me, either. I'm not fond of 25-foot-long pythons. Says National Geographic, giant constrictors populate the state in the 100s of thousands and range as far north as Pensacola. Never much liked Florida anyway.

-Brian C.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver

Postby railtwister » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:40 pm

[/quote]

(Shudder) me, either. I'm not fond of 25-foot-long pythons. Says National Geographic, giant constrictors populate the state in the 100s of thousands and range as far north as Pensacola. Never much liked Florida anyway.

-Brian C.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA[/quote]

While there are pythons here (thanks to the exotic pet trade and very irresponsible humans), the size and quantity are exaggerated - not that they aren't a serious environmental problem. And you can still see them being imported, along with many other potentially invasive exotic "pets"...

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby ConnRiver » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:01 am

But, Bill, reptiles never cease growing if a ready food supply is available. These constrictors are enjoying a feast in the everglades and north, aren't they, since they're the new predators on the block?

The longest python on record is a 33 foot reticulated python (iirc, the same snake that ingested a particularly slim and small teen girl in India). Got no idea, though, I admit, what will happen to these snakes' habitat in Florida. But, what a menace. I fear for the day when I hear a child has become a victim.

Stupid human beings. . . .
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver

Postby dileTTante » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:40 am

Last week I talked with Bill Dixon. He wants to drive to Orlando with the TT Tracks layout. For him it's a commitment of three weeks and thousands of dollars. I would like to go, too, at a lesser cost, since I can combine the show with another family visit in Ohio.

However, the show will be difficult to manage with just two people. So far, the discussion here has produced no commitment from anyone (except perhaps the 'dashed line' from Richard B?).

Up to that point I was undecided about attending, but recent actions by the new US president have made me give up participating in any event in that country.

-Terry C
dileTTante

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Given the dearth of concrete support for a display at Orlando, I think the idea is dead.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:25 pm

:(
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:34 pm

ConducTTor wrote::(

Would still like to show but with no FIRM support for the display at the show, there is no point in making the Long, Expensive journey just to have to do everything myself.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Events