NMRA 2014 Convention in Cleveland, Ohio

Re: NMRA 2014 Convention in Cleveland, Ohio

Postby Arseny » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:11 pm

As concerns modules - some Russian modellers from Saint-Petersburg decided to use FK-TT standards (FK-TT was accepted as a base for the FREMO modules).

Some information (in Russian):
http://forum.tt-hobby.ru/showthread.php ... 0%A2%D0%A2
http://forum.tt-hobby.ru/showthread.php ... 0%B3%D0%B5
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Just curious if anyone has started work on anything for the show. I have a long list that I'm slowly but surely working through to get ready.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:03 am

ConducTTor wrote:Just curious if anyone has started work on anything for the show. I have a long list that I'm slowly but surely working through to get ready.

Some work has begun, a sixth module has been started, track layout on it is to be determined, mainly limited by what Tillig track I can get my hands on.

Updates to our TT scale pamphlets are underway again, with some pictures to be updated, as well as the newer developments in TT, such as the MTB SW1200s. By early June 2014 we expect to have the updated pamphlets posted on TTnut.com.

The current modules are being refitted and modified for the show (I finally found my box of Power Poles), and new leg structures are being designed for the modules versus the sawhorses used at the 2013 NTS.

Some details are yet to be hammered out, mainly as we do not know how many people we will be bringing to the show, the three of us from the 2013 NTS will be there, but we may have two more adults with as well.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:51 am

Just an update of my efforts towards this show.

Several months ago I was fortunate to get a decent price on a Tillig "FP7" and 3 boxcars on ebay. So now I have two Rock Island FP7s.

I turned the new one into an unpowered dummy. I put a speaker in it and added electrical contacts from the wheels to the powered unit. Also spent some time on the headlight - now it's a warm white LED shining directly through the head light of the powered - lead - unit.

I've also built the Tillig boxcars.

The next steps for me are building an A&E caboose and updating my show layout with Noche grass.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:54 am

ConducTTor wrote:Just an update of my efforts towards this show.

Several months ago I was fortunate to get a decent price on a Tillig "FP7" and 3 boxcars on ebay. So now I have two Rock Island FP7s.

I turned the new one into an unpowered dummy. I put a speaker in it and added electrical contacts from the wheels to the powered unit. Also spent some time on the headlight - now it's a warm white LED shining directly through the head light of the powered - lead - unit.

I've also built the Tillig boxcars.

The next steps for me are building an A&E caboose and updating my show layout with Noche grass.

A&E caboose?
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Postby j p » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:44 am

I understand it as Art & Detail caboose and Noch grass.
j p

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:26 pm

j p wrote:I understand it as Art & Detail caboose and Noch grass.

Yup that's what I meant :wall:
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:23 pm

I hate to say this, but we will not be able to attend the 2014 National Train Show in Cleveland, as some of the docs at the VA have given us an estimated timeframe of late May to late June 2014 for my next bit of surgery, which means no lifting and so on for a few months afterwards.

We will try to make the 2016 NTS in Indinapolis, and the 2017 in Orlando, FL. If anyone here that is going wants us to print out more of those pamphlets and/or send some items to display to the 2014 NTS, just let us know.
AstroGoat760

Postby dileTTante » Fri May 02, 2014 10:45 pm

There's a VA hospital in Cleveland. My nephew has used it. Maybe you can arrange surgery there and recuperate by hanging out at the show.
dileTTante

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:30 pm

dileTTante wrote:There's a VA hospital in Cleveland. My nephew has used it. Maybe you can arrange surgery there and recuperate by hanging out at the show.

If that was a viable option, I would most certainly take it. If this is going to be anything like the surgeries I had in 2012, I will be a wreck for a few weeks, almost two months, and not even Natasha (my companion cat) and Suzette (Natasha's replacement, as well as a "monitor cat" - I have had some blood sugar regulation issues as of late, and she has been able to determine if levels are too low and let Nicholle and/or myself know) can fully help with that either, other than try to comfort as much as they can.

Again, if anyone is going to have a setup there this year, I can do some things on my end for displays and such.
AstroGoat760

PreviousNext

Return to Events